National Homebrew Comp...WTF!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdwalter

Reaction score
Trying to register for the AHA National Homebrew Competition. Well, apparently if you don't have Windows 8 you are out of luck. Is there any way to register for this without Windows 8? My work computer doesn't even have windows 8. You would think the biggest competition of the year would be easier to register for.

Also...The website contradicts itself, saying you have to be an AHA member to register, but then goes on to say Member reg. is $12 and Non-Member reg. is $17. Which one is it?

Sorry I just find this completely ridiculous

You don't need windows 8. You need Explorer 8. The problems were not your fault. Check back tomorrow. AHA has been apologetic.

wdwalter said:
Trying to register for the AHA National Homebrew Competition. Well, apparently if you don't have Windows 8 you are out of luck. Is there any way to register for this without Windows 8? My work computer doesn't even have windows 8. You would think the biggest competition of the year would be easier to register for.

Also...The website contradicts itself, saying you have to be an AHA member to register, but then goes on to say Member reg. is $12 and Non-Member reg. is $17. Which one is it?

Sorry I just find this completely ridiculous

First off the site announcement stated you needed to update your IE to ver 8 prior to the registration

You misread the entry info, if you're a member you get the discount, if not you pay more and if you wanted to become a member you could pay those fees as well.

All in all it was a cluster f*** because the system crashed and they've halted everything

I spent two hours online, got 4 entries in and paid for but payment is not being recognized so I can't print labels-equally frustrated with very poor planning on the AHA's part!

Man this whole thing is painful. Definitely misread the entry info. I guess the sound of my head exploding was distracting me. I just called the local libraries and they all had Windows 7 as well. Man, gota read that fine print! Anyway, sounds like the registration is not indefinitely closed and will open again. Is that what you guys are hearing? This should be so much more simple...

This is what I am getting when I click on the "online registration" tab on the AHA website. Is this part of the problem or am I the only one getting this screen?

AHA.jpg

$T2eC16NHJGwE9n%29ySfp0BP9KjQg1e!~~60_35.JPG

I'd laugh if they put these signs on every door at the NHC.

I would pay just to watch a bunch of homebrewers lose it and nerd-rage in public, while circling the building ...debating where the entrance is.

I may have even got some entries in!

At around 4:30 I saw there were 50 openings in NYC... registered, and after registration it said there were 0 openings left and ~850 beers registered! Called the help desk and they gave me a new AHA number to use..... registered 3 beers in GA.

I was freaking out a bit watching the entries there go from ~300 to ~650 by the time I got in and registered mine.

Back