Naming Poll

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cast a vote or comment with another name!

• Doobie stout

• dope stout

• Bud Subs

• Hash brew

• Green amber

• Ganja ale

• THC IPA

• Mary Jane panty dropper

• Panama red Oregon ale

Results are only viewable after voting.

Campbell3074

Reaction score
Hey Gang, I'm not a very active member of the community, mostly just lurking in the background doing some research and trouble shooting when the I screw something up. I definitely fell off since moving out to Oregon from Chicago a number of months ago. But I was hoping to get back in to the community and figured I'de start with some fun.

I need help naming my next brew! It looks like this is a bit of a taboo talking about this and it's pretty cliche since I've moved to Oregon, but you may have already guessed it I'm doing a weed beer. I've done some research and already done some testing and think I have a good way of doing it. I can give details and updates if anyone is interested.

The beer base is going to be a Smash Chinook IPA, hopefully the hops will play off the flavor of the marijuana.
Some names I've already thought of are:
Doobie stout
dope stout
Bud Subs
Hash brew
Green amber
Ganja ale
THC IPA
Mary Jane panty dropper
Panama red Oregon ale

**** you were on top of this, thanks. I have a artsy friend that will design a label with the name in mind.

You lost me on the beer style. You state this recipe is based from an IPA but the style names in your poll start at a stout. So what style is it you plan on making? And what strain of pot are you using?

I'm also interested in your process to get THC in as well as the flavor your seeking.

Pothead Porter
Dazed and Confused
Burn out Brown
Squinty eyed IPA
Sour diesel Stout
Short term

Use the strain name
Kush Ale
Girl Scout Cookies
THC Sour Bomb
Bruce Banner (rare and awesome) not that I'd know. Read it somewhere
White dream
Day dreamer

This is kind of a marketing thing as opposed to a naming thing.

I picked Panama Red Oregon Ale. It's a nickname that doesn't directly say what the beer does, but may or may not be inferred.

The most successful internet business have names that aren't at all related to what they do. Amazon, eBay, Monster--these all become synonymous with what it is they do--Amazon as an online marketer, eBay for auctions, Monster for jobs.

A little more mystery in the name is better than directly saying what it is. If you feel the need to include something on the label about the contents, feel free--but the name itself? IMO, you're better off not.

My 2 cents.

I used to listen to Panama Red back in the day.

thN6GSXWQC.jpg

Update in case anyone is checking this. The beer was an awesome success! It held the carbonation and had decent head. Also I watched Ghostbusters 2 after having one I think it greatly enhanced the movie :)

IMG_1629.jpg

IMG_1631.jpg

Back