Naming help! Wedding beer for the groom!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcbandit

Reaction score
My sister in law is getting married and I have made them 3 different beers. I wanted to put a final touch on everything and have some clever names. I'm stuck on the lager I made for the groom. I wanted the name to be something funny

We need more info to help.. what kind of lager, what is the groom's favorite hobby, what is the wedding theme, is there an inside joke you can use, name it after the election... tons of options, but we need more of a starting place.

Other 2 beers are blushing bride with a wild side= Belgian pale ale, honeymooners delight= salted caramel cider

Last Call?

Under New Management?

ALSO: please post or message the recipe for the salted caramel cider. It's not my speed, but I know a couple folks who would positively WILT over such a thing.

"Under new management" has a nice ring to it.

You could call it "upper hand" and let him know it's the last time he'll ever have it.

Last Call?

Under New Management?

ALSO: please post or message the recipe for the salted caramel cider. It's not my speed, but I know a couple folks who would positively WILT over such a thing.

So I came up with this our last local beer fest. I needed something quick and easy easy so I decided to go with a cider. I found a nature's blend salted caramel cider in half gallon jugs at our local Winn-dixie on sale for a $1. I used 4 1/2 gallons for fermentation with a pound of brown sugar heated up in about a qt. Of water on the stove. OG 1.062 fg1.009 back sweetened with another gallon. It is sweet for my taste but it was a huge hit! The keg was empty in no time

Mendelssohn's wedding marzen (a play on the German word for March)

Putting him out to pastorianus

Putting the boys on ice

Admittedly, the first two are pretty deep cuts.

Last Chance to Run Lager
The End of Life as You Know it Lager
The Next Step is Kids
Ball And Chain Lager
No More Wild Oats Lager

If he is a hockey fan you could go with Jaromir Lager. If he likes Jaegermeister you could go with Lager-Meister

What kind of hops are in the lager? You can play off of that, "Kiss Your Azacca Goodbye"

Wedded Bliss

(said with a straight face. OK, almost.)

Back