Naming Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always name all of my beers. Then again, i've never used a kit. I started out whole hog doing all grain and writing my own recipes for the most part. (first few were heavily modified versions of others recipes) So yeah, I always name my brews. How else can I distinguish whats on tap? I cant just say "stout", "kolsch", "IPA", etc. well I guess i could, but that wouldn't be much fun and it would make for some boring beer labels

i recently started naming the beers i brew. i think it's all part of the fun of brewing my own beer. hawkeye wheat, blackhawk bock, o'pattys irish red, ect., ect. :mug:

I have never named my beers. Recipes are named based on which generation of the recipe I'm working on (i.e. Bohemian Pilsener #2) but once they get on tap they are IPA, ESB, Bohemian Pilsener, etc. I keep saying I will name one when I get the recipe exactly how I want it but it seems like I always change something when I brew it the next time. Anyway, my belief is that if you take a recipe word for word it is not yours to name but if you change even one thing then it is yours and you can name it whatever you want.

Back