Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went there in the early 2000's and stayed in the towers at the end of the dock if I remember correctly.

Here goes one from a vacation 2 years ago.

IMAG0901.jpg

Avalon, CA

Confident enough it is Avalon I will post a photo as I won't be at my computer a while.

IMG_1450_HDR.JPG

Last edited:
This might be very very difficult unless someone else has been to this spot, so I'll drop hints as needed

I took this photo in April 2015, but that amphitheater is about 2000 years old.

11164838_10101853144600433_2560610523386944815_n.jpg

There must be dozens, if not hundreds, of amphitheater ruins throughout the Mediterranean. I like Turkey better than N Africa for it, though. Looking forward to the next hint if it isn't...

There must be dozens, if not hundreds, of amphitheater ruins throughout the Mediterranean. I like Turkey better than N Africa for it, though. Looking forward to the next hint if it isn't...

No to all of the above but Turkey is this place's jealous ex lover.

This amphitheater is 10 miles from a medieval english castle, a 3000 year old Greek temple, an Ottoman fortress, and a modern Brit sunburn destination

That was a bunch of hints so I hope you can narrow it down from that haha

No to all of the above but Turkey is this place's jealous ex lover.

This amphitheater is 10 miles from a medieval english castle, a 3000 year old Greek temple, an Ottoman fortress, and a modern Brit sunburn destination

That was a bunch of hints so I hope you can narrow it down from that haha

Can I book my vacation through you? You seem to do this well.:mug:

Researching the clues leads me to Paphos, Cyprus, where Aphrodite rose from the sea.

Ding ding!

Very cool place with human history stretching back 9000 years. I highly recommend seeing it before it turns into more of a tourist trap.

I was lucky enough to observe Greek Orthodox Easter on the island.. They don't eff around with bon fires.. We're talking 80 foot flames and wood soaked in gas

Ding ding!

Very cool place with human history stretching back 9000 years. I highly recommend seeing it before it turns into more of a tourist trap.

I was lucky enough to observe Greek Orthodox Easter on the island.. They don't eff around with bon fires.. We're talking 80 foot flames and wood soaked in gas

The wikipedia page on Paphos really does sound awesome!

Here's another in the vein of "the landmarks identify the town"...

20140728_202834.jpg

My last one was a softball. This one is a little more obscure. Way out in BFE but kind of a big deal.

IMG_0996_HDR.JPG

You are correct.. Well done, that was quicker than i thought.

I have only been there once but almost anyone living in the LA area might have been there and almost anyone in Socal will recognize a picture of it. It took me a second because it was harder to recognize without the moorings filled.

My last one was a softball. This one is a little more obscure. Way out in BFE but kind of a big deal.

Alright, I see Union Pacific. Which initially suggested Omaha, because I've been to their HQ. But Google suggests the factory is in North Platte, NE.

So I'm going with one of those, learning towards the latter.

I have only been there once but almost anyone living in the LA area might have been there and almost anyone in Socal will recognize a picture of it. It took me a second because it was harder to recognize without the moorings filled.

You beat me to it. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was Morro Rock in Morro Bay.

Alright, I see Union Pacific. Which initially suggested Omaha, because I've been to their HQ. But Google suggests the factory is in North Platte, NE.

So I'm going with one of those, learning towards the latter.

bwarbiany your up.

My next clue was to be BF _E.

It's the Baily Yard, Golden Spike Museum. It is either the largest Train Yard or largest selection yard in the world. I was told at the entry to the museum Milt the Docent would tell me about the yard. Milt heard the elevator doors open and close and my footsteps. He just sat there staring out the window onto the yard. After a few minutes of silence he claimed, "One heck of a view."

I wish I loved my job so much i would volunteer after retiring for the opportunity to watch it happen.

Back