Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remembered that lobby photo but could not place it until @tracer bullet mentioned Miami. Now back to the Great Outdoors.

This is somewhat iconic so it might be easy. Let's find out.
Skyline.jpg

It's not a bit of Scotland I know, which cuts it down quite a bit. Those cliffs are really weird. Looking more closely at them it looks like they're some kind of conglomerate, which pretty much rules out anywhere north of the Great Glen as it's all metamorphic up there from getting squished against the Appalachians (or earlier openings/closings of what is now the Atlantic). Rules out most of the west coast too, whereas the east coast has more sedimentary. But the vegetation looks quite northern.

So somewhere up Aberdeen way? (which as it happens is one of the bits I don't know well)

OK, so it's 140 miles west of Bavaria (but, not sure where in Bavaria to start measuring, browsing a map of Germany this puts us in France from the border, so maybe we're talking more the center of Bavaria or what's more commonly thought of as Bavaria)? I think some people missed this. And though it could have been on the Swiss border, that's too far south. And Luxembourg is too far north. And so it's definitely not Slovakia! Probably somewhere between say Frankfurt and Stuttgart. Or in the Black Forest.

I don't think it's a castle, I'm thinking Monastery. Maybe one where they make beer!

I don't have time at the moment but maybe it'll get someone closer. I could be wrong, obviously, but I think that's where I'll be looking if I end up with time. Roughly southwestern area of Germany, for a huge monastery

Back