Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whathathcie is in TN west side of chattanooga? it was a guess...something important happened there, saw that searching for the magic 3900....

You Are The Man! how did you find it?

edit: scrolling back, looking... @Newsman you didn't know what city after all this? 🤣 :mug:
I'd trained a visual identification tool to pattern match the top-down profile of the porch and two attic windows on Google Maps. Once Newsman gave the area, I shifted location from right on the border to the east of Lookout Mountain and found it after an hour or so of deep image processing.

For more details on the technique, see Trained a Neural Net

And I'd give Newsman the benefit of the doubt, when you're driving for Uber/Lyft, the boundaries between places get very, very blurred and this one is close to the southern boundary of Walden near to Signal Mountain.

I'd trained a visual identification tool to pattern match the top-down profile of the porch and two attic windows on Google Maps. Once Newsman gave the area, I shifted location from right on the border to the east of Lookout Mountain and found it after an hour or so of deep image processing.

For more details on the technique, see Trained a Neural Net

And I'd give Newsman the benefit of the doubt, when you're driving for Uber/Lyft, the boundaries between places get very, very blurred and this one is close to the southern boundary of Walden near to Signal Mountain.

i was wondering how the FBI would find it! :mug:

Wait, the rules at the start of the thread specifically say that you are not allowed to train a visual identification tool to pattern match the top-down profile of the skyline photo posted!

Just kidding.
*pulls out a bottle of Jack to kill the recently trained neural network*

Huh? I posted Signal Mountain then noticed @DBhomebrew had already mentioned it and promptly forgot about it. For some reason, I haven’t been getting post notifications, so I just saw this. Sorry! Back to you in moments. Need to regroup. Bridges? Lighthouses? Mountains? Random nondescript houses?

Have I posted this one before? It was on my short list for one of the recent themes (mountains and lakes), but I can’t remember if I actually put it up. Is there an easy way to search one’s own comments in long threads?

Here it is:
1648392022333.jpeg

Back