Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@D.B.Moody
Yes a lovely beach, they were filming My father the hero on the beach when we were briefly there ( starring Gerard Depardieu and Katherine Heigl ), but we bailed out after a couple of days and went to stay with friends on Green Turtle Cay ( wonderful place ).

I'm guessing this should go pretty fast.
1620658291752.jpeg

The three buildings that look like they're holding up a ship are rather unique. I did have to look up the name: the Marina Bay Sands.

This is not my picture, but this is a spot that the wife an I visited a few months ago. It was quite lovely!

skyline2.jpg

There it is. I'm glad @D.B.Moody got it, because I had kind of forgotten about it! The wife and I visited there in February, and it was downright lovely. If you ever find yourself in Sequim, Washington, definitely eat at Nourish. It's just a fantastic restaurant run by folks who love creating a lovely dining experience for their guests. They have a small, but good, craft beer selection as well.

That was a wild guess from driving through Ventura so many times. While the taller of the two buildings looked familiar, I thought the area should have looked more developed. I guess not from that angle. Great photo.

Here you go:
town.jpg

That was a wild guess from driving through Ventura so many times. While the taller of the two buildings looked familiar, I thought the area should have looked more developed. I guess not from that angle. Great photo.

I think the photo is old. There area is more developed now.

I think the photo is old. There area is more developed now.
It was labeled in the corner "Joe Virnig c2005" If you google that, you get Ventura, mostly real estate stuff. Also "Ventura County Vistas." I found the same photo in the information for Powell Cabinet, Oxnard, CA, labeled "Joe Virnig c2011"
Untitled.png

top-oxnard-CA-cabinet-contractor-600x406.jpg

Anyway, I was confused. If you want a good laugh, google "Jay Leno buys Oxnard." :p

Last edited:
I recognized that canal thing. Never been there, but recognized it from some late night B rated travel show.

Hopefully this one hasn't been done:

Attachments

• IMG058.JPG
    IMG058.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 20
We visited Ireland in 2017. Beautiful. And having a properly pulled pint of Guiness in a pub in Ireland is great.
This is another place we visited in 2017:

2017A.JPG

The road-train on the right implies it's a place seriously geared to tourists.

I assume we're in the afternoon, so we're looking north.

Looks like a church entrance with saints around the door, but obviously not a church, so some kind of monastery etc?

Architecture feels Spanish at a guess, but could be various places in the Mediterranean.

That feels somewhat at odds with the serious walking sticks centre-right - the Spanish aren't that into recreational hiking, it's far too much like hard work.

With one exception - the Camino de Santiago. So are we somewhere along that? Is that trying to be a scallop above the door?

As a building inspector I have to say that looks nice but it is not a good idea. Obviously California, looks like a winery. I'll guess Napa.

Back