Naked City Brewing has a location!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hit up Naked city a couple days ago with my brewing buddies. Had some killer beers.

-Naked city Dubbel
-Elysian/NB the Trip
-Port Hop 15
-Russian River Blind Pig
-Stone 13
-Roslyn Dark Lager

We had an excellent time and look forward to many future evenings there since this is just a short drive...and a friend of mine lives 1 block away. :mug:

We were going to introduce ourselves to Brewtopia, but he had just taken off, but the waitress flipped the lights in the brewery on so we could take a peek.

Your brewery looks pretty damn cool! Can't wait to see it up and running.

So I'm finally back from my vacation up to the Pacific NW and had a chance to stop in Naked City and chat with Don for a while.

I have to say that of the entire ten day trip, the meal I had there was the best. It ranked as one of my wife's favorites as well. My friends there with me had a great time and they plan to go back.

The place looks great, the food and beer is fantastic, and the neighborhood and atmosphere is awesome. And they're not even brewing on premises yet. I can't wait to go back when they have more Naked City brews on tap.

I have have to give a big thank you to Don, for not just putting together such a great place, but for being so welcoming. I got there a few minutes later than I anticipated, while my friends had already arrived. Don found them, knowing that we were coming. After I got there Don greeted all of us and gave us the brief tour of the brewery-to-be. We chatted with him several times throughout out the evening and gave us the info on the place, beer distribution and plans for the brew system.

All of the beer was fantastic. My friend Mike and I started with the Naked City Dubbel. Right before I had explained to Mike about what a dubbel was, and when the beer showed up it was right on. A fantastic beer, well done and paired fantastic with the food (I had a Ham and Smoked Gruyere with the daily soup, with the hop shoots as an appetizer). The beer list was awesome and had so many different styles and unique beers to try. Candace started with a 21st Ammendment Watermellon Wheat. On the list was a Cantillon sour with wine grapes that I had to try, so we all shared that. Then I had to have a hop fix so I tried a local IPA, Schooner Exact 3 Grid IPA, while Mike had a Russian River IPA. Candace had a Hale's Cream Ale. To finish the night, Don really went out of his way and poured us a sample from his Flanders Red... you know the one in the barrel in his living room? It was fantastic.

In all the place is amazing with some of the best beer and food you will ever find. I enjoyed it and wish I was closer to go back as often as I can. Again, thank you Don and I hope the place continues to have success so I can come back again.

I'll be up in Seattle next week, and I will definitely be stopping in with my SWMBO. She's pretty excited about those pickled hop shoots, and I want a shot at that dubbel. :)

Thanks for all the kind words! Thanks Rob for the videos as well, I forgot you had taken that footage. I look forward to meeting more HBT folks in the future. You are all more than welcome anytime.

Oh, and we will be brewing our first beer this Wednesday!!!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it take financially to get this up and running, I ask because after my next deployment I am looking to start a brew pub of my own. Also what types of premits/lisences did you need?

Don... :mug:

Wow bro... You my friend are living the dream for sure!
Amazingly, this is the first I've seen of this thread... I know, I know!!! :drunk:

Congrats bro, congrats!!! I need to make my way down that way for sure!

Thanks a million for sharing this amazing build with us from the start, and I look forward to the day I get to enjoy a pint in this amazing establishment! :tank:

Damn, I've been in the Seattle area for 6 months. I'm not sure how you flew under my beer radar for this long but I'm going to rally up the CVN 72 crew and head your way. You can not hide good beer from Sailors! Great looking place!

The first batch of beer brewed at Naked City is in the fermenter!!!

Brewed a batch of the Yankee Drifter today. Wanted to push a light beer through the system so that we could calibrate everything and be able to detect any off flavors, etc that might be imparted by the equipment.

Hit all our numbers, Start to finish including cleanup was 6.5 hrs.

What a great day!

Brewed a batch of the Yankee Drifter today. Wanted to push a light beer through the system so that we could calibrate everything and be able to detect any off flavors, etc that might be imparted by the equipment.

What a great day!

Congrats Don!!!

What a great day!

Don
Congrats my friend. Great job!!! I am going to plan a trip. When is going to hit the tap?

Awesome.

Stopped by tonight with the brand-new fiance (proposed to her in Discovery Park prior to heading up). I had a Rogue Issaquah White Frog and a Anderson Valley 20th anniversary IAPA. She had a Dogfish Head Punkin, and we shared a celebration Oud Beersel Framboise. The White Truffle Country Pate was awesome (what is the mustard with that, anyway?), and the pickled hop shoots are great.

Unfortunately for us, we missed Brewtopia by just a little bit. Brewery and brewpub look great. Keep it up!

Hell yeah congrats Don!! :mug: I can't wait to try it out!

I haven't been able to make it in lately due to being very sick the past couple of weeks. I'm glad to hear things are going so well!! Hopefully I'll be able to make it in soon!

I don't want to steal Don's thunder. Let's just say he has something real special next in the pipeline that I was lucky enough to witness some of the brew process. If anyone is contemplating a trip to Seattle to see Naked City I'd wait say maybe about 3-4 weeks. Hopefully Don will chime in and let you know what is next up.

I don't want to steal Don's thunder. Let's just say he has something real special next in the pipeline that I was lucky enough to witness some of the brew process. If anyone is contemplating a trip to Seattle to see Naked City I'd wait say maybe about 3-4 weeks. Hopefully Don will chime in and let you know what is next up.

t'hell with waiting! Go now, and then go again in a month. :D

Wow, thats amazing. If i ever go to America I'll be sure to check it out.
Thats just amazing.. wish we had a taphouse like this in Iceland, the bars here offer 3-4 types of lager piss.

just read this entire thread.

simply amazing Brewtopia!

i will definately do my best to make a trip up there just to check your place out within the next year.

thank you for sharing so much of this process with us, it feels like we're a part of it in some distant way.

best of luck to you and your amazing achievment.

Stopped in today since I was in the area. Unfortunately I didn't realize that they didn't open until 4PM. Don was busy gearing up for their 1 year anniversary celebration. (WOW, Time Flies) and still took a few minutes to show me around after I tapped on the front door.

He's waiting for approval to start serving his own beers, and from what I've seen, the wait will be worth it.

Look forward to getting back Don, and spending some more time in the place.

Went last night to the 1 year anniversary party. Had an excellent time, it was packed and hoppin. They are partying all weekend so if you can get up that way, I highly recommend going.

They had a Randal the Enamel animal hooked up to some 3-hop IPA and also a Firkin of Elysian's Night o' the Pumpkin Stout.

Cheers!

I stopped in to help Don celebrate the anniversary as well. Saw HBT Member Mosa there as well with his lovely SWMBO and we enjoyed several excellent brews.

Don was like a proud father grinning ear to ear, and stalking about the bar stopping to speak to friends and loyal customers all night. The place was jumpin with lots of well wishers and other local brewers there to show their support.

They will be tapping special beers and doing giveaways all weekend so if anyone is in the area stop by and congratulate Don for his one year anniversary. Naked City has become "The bar" to visit in the Greenwood neighborhood.

Just found this thread today...just got back from my first trip to Seattle last night! DAMN IT! Why could I not have seen this thread earlier?! Don, your place looks amazing and I wish you the best. As many have said, you are living many of our dreams...keep it up!

PS- your website is very user friendly and looks great! The tap list function is cool and the list itself is impressive! I am so ticked I missed your place.

Hey, awesome! I've been in to Naked City several times, never stumbled across any of your threads here so I didn't realize that you were a HBT member. Great space, fantastic beer selection, just wish it was walking distance from my place.

Congrats on getting the place up and running. I'll definitely be back soon. :mug:

Visited the boys at Naked City tonight. Talked with Brewtopia a bit a the bar. They had a cask of one of their own beers (can't remember the name) and it was fantastic. Great story and great beer. I'll be back for sure! Nice job Brewtopia and thanks for the great beer!

Visited the boys at Naked City tonight. Talked with Brewtopia a bit a the bar. They had a cask of one of their own beers (can't remember the name) and it was fantastic. Great story and great beer. I'll be back for sure! Nice job Brewtopia and thanks for the great beer!

We did indeed pour The Big Lebrewski White Russian Imperial Stout on cask last night. For those that missed it, we will be pouring The Big Lebrewski and Bing Spiced Cherry Old Ale at the Winter Beer Fest this weekend at Hale's. We will be debuting our beers on tap at Naked City this Tuesday. We will be pouring Yankee Drifter Golden Ale, Hoptari 644 Fresh Hop Harvest Ale, Big Lebrewski and Hoptrocity Imperial Rye IPA.

Mosa came by today and we brewed Une Terreur Sainte Tripel which we will be pouring at Belgianfest January 23rd.

I apologize for not being around much lately but it's been crazy busy. I appeciate everyone's kind words and look forward to meeting more HBT'ers at Naked City in the future.

Cheers!

Just a bump and a reminder that after too many months of crazy permit BS Naked City will finally be able to sell their in house beers starting tonight (Tues Dec 8th) Definitely worth a stop in if you get the chance. Press Release below. :)

NAKED CITY TAPHOUSE OPENS BREWERY

Seattle’s Newest Brewery Ready to Debut Beers

SEATTLE, Wash. (Dec. 08 2009) - After 13 months of hard labor, Naked City Taphouse finally gives birth to a beautiful baby brewery. Naked City will be hosting a release party to celebrate on Tuesday, December 8 at 4:00pm. Co-owners Don Webb and Donald Averill have been busy brewing and have four beers ready to share including Hoptari 644, Bing, and The Big Lebrewski which were all well received at recent local beer festivals. Yankee Drifter will be on draft for the first time at the event.

Naked City was fueled from a mutual love of beer by the owners who both have a long history of brewing and appreciating their passion, beer. Don and Donald can’t imagine a better job than serving beer, talking about beer, and tasting beer day after day. They are very grateful to the community for their overwhelming support through the process of building the new establishment and allowing them to follow their dreams. Naked City offers a setting where the experienced beer enthusiast as well as craft beer novice can relax and enjoy a mutual love in great beer.

Date and Hours:

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

4:00 PM - CLOSE

I finally sat down and powered through this whole thread. Now I feel like I am qualified to finally head over and say hello. I operate my little 1/3-barrel home brewery (with just over 1 barrel of fermentation space!) less than a mile north and have walked by this place countless times when in a hurry, but still haven't visited, hard as that is to believe.

Don, I'd like to drop by and shake your hand sometime; what time of the afternoon/evening do you tend to be around?

Do you think we could get a flow schematic of the brewery? I too would like to open up my own brewery some day, but for now it's just a dream.

Edit: Finally got a chance to read through the whole thread! Very inspiring, unfortunately, it's quite a distance from here in Florida!

Wow - Just spent a few hours reading through all 40 pages (should be studying for the Bar exam, instead studying about opening a bar/brewery...). I'm very impressed and very jealous. Just recently moved back to Seattle (Ballard area) and will certainly be heading over there as soon as possible. Can;t wait to try out the Naked City brews and see the place. :mug:

I went to Naked City when I was back in Seattle over the holidays. Great space, friendly and knowledgeable staff, and a GREAT selection. Well done, Brewtopia!

Back