Mypin problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jssdk

Reaction score
I have a Mypin ta4 for controlling my HLT. My problem is that I need to calibrate several times a day. Like today when I raised the room temperature from 10c to 20c I had to calibrate the sensor again. Is this normal? The temp in the HLT was 12c because it has been turned off this weekend. The readings from the PID was 20c.

I have a Mypin ta4 for controlling my HLT. My problem is that I need to calibrate several times a day. Like today when I raised the room temperature from 10c to 20c I had to calibrate the sensor again. Is this normal? The temp in the HLT was 12c because it has been turned off this weekend. The readings from the PID was 20c.
What type of sensor are you using to measure temperature? If it's a thermocouple, rather than a PT100 RTD, that might be the source of your problem. Thermocouples measure the difference in temperature between the two ends. If the MyPin doesn't auto-correct for temp changes at it's end, then you will get the behavior you are seeing.

Brew on :mug:

Back