My wife made a carboy cover- What do you think?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all,

thanks for the suggestions.. Please keep them coming.. The interest so far has peaked her interest a little.. Help out a fellow brewer.. If enough people say they are cool and she makes some to sell, then she may have the extra money money to buy me the stainless conical fermenter I've been eyeing.......

Seriously though, the ideas are great.. If you have any more suggestions, let me know!

I find it a little funny that you want to purchase something that won't really need your wife's lovely carboy coozies. Best of luck! I want to check this out more as apartment living doesn't provide much dark closet space.

Carboy coozies....R...A...D...
Maybe you could incorporate brew club logos/homebrew logos/specialty beer logos/sports teams logos... there is a whole avenue here that you could take with the specific design of the material you are using... Probably want to keep it on the down low so as not to infringe on copywrights, etc. though...

Well since this thread's been revived I figured I'd post an update. After getting some carboy handles/lifters installed (finally) I realized that even the ones that my wife made me didn't work anymore (they wont slip over the top anymore with the handle in the way) and I have resorted back to an old blanket for my last couple batches. But my wife has a plan to make more, probably with velcro or something on the side so instead of slipping over the top, they now wrap around the sides.. She is supposed to make one this weekend.. So we are back to square one and she is working on a new design (a couple actually) that will accomodate carboy handles and possibly a sewn in pocket as well. I'll keep you posted! As usual, any suggestions on how to make it more functional are always appreciated!

ha, funny this thread was revived, my wife actually followed through from back in december and knit a carboy cozy. it kept her happy while knitting, now I need to suggest another project so she can have something to do. happy wife= happy drunk husband

ha, funny this thread was revived, my wife actually followed through from back in december and knit a carboy cozy. it kept her happy while knitting, now I need to suggest another project so she can have something to do. happy wife= happy drunk husband

That is funny.. Post a pic if you got one!:mug:

Back