My Wife drank all the Plinys

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grossy

Reaction score
I was in California last weekend to visit my best friend. He knew that I had never had Pliny the Elder before, so prior to my arrival he and his wife purchased four 16oz bottles. Since the store would only sell one bottle at a time, they made two trips.

My friend and his wife prefer good Belgians, so IPAs are not high on there list, all four bottles were for me.

So being the good husband that I am, and knowing that my wife is a bigger hop-head than I am (and that is saying a lot) I drank one Pliny in LA and brought the rest home, Sunday night.

Next day Monday. I came home from work and my wife had drunk all the Plinys, saying something about how she thought they were a gift to her. I mentioned something about sharing.

I’m not sure if this qualifies as a divorceable event, but I’m thinking I’m owed big time.

I was in California last weekend to visit my best friend. He knew that I had never had Pliny the Elder before, so prior to my arrival he and his wife purchased four 16oz bottles. Since the store would only sell one bottle at a time, they made two trips.

My friend and his wife prefer good Belgians, so IPAs are not high on there list, all four bottles were for me.

So being the good husband that I am, and knowing that my wife is a bigger hop-head than I am (and that is saying a lot) I drank one Pliny in LA and brought the rest home, Sunday night.

Next day Monday. I came home from work and my wife had drunk all the Plinys, saying something about how she thought they were a gift to her. I mentioned something about sharing.

I’m not sure if this qualifies as a divorceable event, but I’m thinking I’m owed big time.

... in a manner of speaking; your wife had a fling with Pliny the Elder.
I would say she definitely needs to demonstrate her remorse.
Considering Pliny was a Roman, I'm sure there must be some suitably Roman ways for her to pay her penance. Possibly a big Italian meal prepared by her in the "manner" of your choice ... serving you some Roman wine whilst dancing appropriately in veils ... and then maybe, how shall we say, a visit with Pliny the Younger?

I love my wife very much and this certainly does not rise to the level of divorce, (the poster above was definitely saying that "tongue-in-cheek). And I never refer to my wife in any form of foul language.

I'm just thinking some form of of "up-and-commence" is due, poster 2&3 above have it about right.

My wife loves Apfelwein and regular wine, trying to get her into Meads.

If she were a hophead, I would be so happy we could enjoy my favorite beers together, I would forgive the loss of a few bottles of Pliny. Make a 5G batch, for goodness' sake!

Back