My SWMBO is She who supports all homebrew purchases

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNGabe

Reaction score
I see a lot of SWMBO on here. In the last couple months ive got hooked and I've bought oh, 3 1/2 barrels, 6 pin locks, a burner , backup propane tank, copper for wort chiller, couple sacks of grain, mill, co2 setup, yeast, hops, etc, and more than my fair share of tasty commercial beers.

All she ever says is 'got get it!' I asked her what kind of beer she wants other than Berliner Weisse and she tells me sour red. I'm the luckiest guy in the world. And yeah, she's way better looking than I am.

your a lucky guy my swmbo hates beer and hates that i like to homebrew

Mine supports the hobby but she only likes that watered down racecar beer. She's a good sport and tries most of them but I have yet to make one she likes.

She's better looking than me too. Much better ass! ;)

Ahh, you've finally tracked down the elusive SWSAHP (pronounced 'swis-op'). They're a special breed, rarely seen in the wild, but magnificent if seen undisturbed in their natural habitat. I have a specimen of a close relative of the SWSAHP, the SWSAHPR (She Who Supports All Homebrew Purchases Reluctantly). Not as rare as the SWSAHP, but far better than the SWNCAHP (She Who Nags Constantly About Homebrew Purchases, pronounced 'swin-cop'). You're a luky man. Cheers! :mug:

A while back my SWMBO bought me 8 1 gal carboys, because I always clean the kitchen/ entrance area of our apartment absolutely spotless whenever I plan on making up a batch.

Now she supports my purchases, but for a few other reasons. Probably because I've got the best paying job I've ever had right now, but who cares - at least I'm making some $$, and I'm able to brew. I'd say at best she's a SWSAHPR, but she still loves me.

Mine is definitely a SWSAHP. She even knows when I am going to get equipment before I do.

Back