My Strawberry Blonde Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turisops

Reaction score
Here is my Rookie try for my 2nd brew. This is on Microsoft Frontpage.
Strawblonde.jpg

Aww **** Pic should be up now

Well it's important to make the most important bit of text stand out, but you've chosen to write "rainier strawberry blonde" in a very similar color to your background gradient, so it's really hard to read. I would also use a different font for the vertical text on the left and by the dog. Generally it's good to have two font styles in one design - one for the "main" text and one for the smaller subtext. So I would use the same font for everything except the name of the beer. The background picture was a great place to start though, especially with her hair color and everything.

not bad w/ your first attempt. It's a little busy but alot of labels end up that way.
I agree to a point w/ coldsep about the text but can see why you went with it. Maybe try a pink or light blue so it stands out agains the strawberries and the background a bit. Also agree about keeping it to just two font's maximum.

I'd also loose the dog unless you can edit out the white background.. just put your text there. "it'll make you drool"

Thanks for the great input guys!!! I will definatly apply what you suggested. Ill be back for more drafts to see what i can improve.

Back