My Outdoor Brewing Area and Man Cave

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteOz77

Reaction score
It's not a true Man Cave because it doesn't have a kick butt recliner and a plasma TV, but it's mine! I built the Pergola with a mate, paved it myself, built the 10 foot long benchtop with a laundry tub sink, and hung the bistro blinds last weekend.

I still need to plumb water taps to the sink (thinking of getting one of those big dish waher type spayers like in a commercial kitchen) and fix up the drain piping...and get rid of the flexi temporary drain.

Kegerator holds 6 cornies and little fridge next to it holds 23 X 750 ml bottles of home brew

Pale Ale on the left, Apfelwein on the right...more taps to come....

Blinds.jpg

Pergola2.jpg

Pergola1.jpg

Now all it needs is a man to inhabit it.

;) :D

He's a funny guy.. but looks aren't everything..:D

Srsly, very nice! You find many venomous 5-foot spiders up in there?

I think it's too new to have any serious monster critters lurking in it, but after I have a giant arachnids living in it, the missus will DEFINITELY stay out.. making it a true man cave.. one that SWMBO is scared to enter.

He's a funny guy.. but looks aren't everything..:D

Srsly, very nice! You find many venomous 5-foot spiders up in there?

I think it's too new to have any serious monster critters lurking in it, but after I have a giant arachnids living in it, the missus will DEFINITELY stay out.. making it a true man cave.. one that SWMBO is scared to enter.

After seeing all the evil bastard bugs and spiders and sh*t that inhabit that godforsaken prison island, I think I'D be scared to enter too. :p

Very nice, Pete, but what's with that sink drain? Isn't the P trap supposed to be verticle?

Yes it is supposed to be.. and will be when it's permanent :mug: Sink isn't fixed in yet and no plumbing has been done for water supply. That jerry rigged set up is for use with the garden hose.

They are everywhere here in AUS I covered 5.6 metres (18ft) for around $440.

Try "Bistro Blinds" or "PVC Blinds"

I'll give it a try. Do you think they are strong enough to withstand snow and wind? I have a hot tub on my deck and it's under a gazebo, I'm looking for something I can close it up with in the winter to keep the snow and wind out.

Yeah, they will stand up to the snow and wind for a while, but I would guess that they would degrade faster in extreme conditions, and would probably get a bit brittle in extreme cold, but as long as you don't hit them or try to roll them up when very cold they should be fine.

Looks good Pete, but will it keep out the invincible fire ants?;)

No fire ants where I live, and according to Wikipedia "In Australia an intensive program costing A$175 million has, at February 2007, eradicated 99% of fire ants from the sole infestation occurring in South East Queensland."

Nice set up thanks for posting it, as you spend more time out there your wife just may buy you a plasma and laZZyboy to keep you out of her hair, (or other places).

I too really like the plastic / screen setup, I need to check around here for that.

those restaurant dish-washing sprayers are actually quite expensive. I wanted to do the same thing and ended up just buying parts and tubing and setting up my own hose with a sprayer hanging near the sink area.

Back