My new conical fermenter!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noodle23

Reaction score
Brand new 7.5gallon fermenter. Ebay buy $350, shipped. Looked it over really good quality steel and ball valves. Im really excited to use it this weekend when I do my California common.

ForumRunner_20110315_164518.jpg

ForumRunner_20110315_164538.jpg

ForumRunner_20110315_164552.jpg

The whole unit is 36ft tall by 16ft wide. The fermentation chamber is 24ft deep and about 12ft wide. Rough estimates.

7.5 gallons my ass...36ft tall and 16ft wide has gotta hold about 17 gajillion gallons!

Noodle23

If you find yourself completely dissatisfied with it you can send it my way. I'll recycle it for you. Heck I will even be gracious and pay for shipping.
Just helping a fellow brewer out ;-) hee hee hee

Redbeard5289

I've got the 14.5 gallon one.... first use was last Saturday. For the life of me, I could not get the ball valves taken apart for cleaning.

Have you had any issue?

I have one of those as well, and use it for every batch of my Common that I make...Harvesting large amounts of lager yeast is awesome and saves a lot of money.

How are you planning on controller the temperature of the fermentation with this big conical?

That's the part I have to learn is saving the yeast or at least brush up.

It's really easy, and using a conical makes it easier than a carboy or bucket. Check out the Yeast Washing Illustrated thread for a refresher on the washing/saving process...

How are you planning on controller the temperature of the fermentation with this big conical?

I think my brew belt may work for now. cross fingers. But I'm going to look into some other methods soon. My basement stays at about 62 at all times so.... any suggestions?

Back