My ? HERMS E- brewery V.1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has any one tried or used the propleyne glycol E-Herms Setup? Also is there a way to control e-valves without the bcs or computer controler?

My plan is to build in stages. I got 2 of my kegs, 1 sesto PID that will be replaced with a bcs-460, 17 PARKER 240V 10 watt valves( I'm only using 9) ,1 MARCH pump, most of my 3 way switches for control panel.I'm planning on a single tier 2 pump (1 peristalic) Rims style, Herms system, all stainless and silicone. I may be jumping the gun (I wanna BREW)

You mean solenoid valve. Got it. Just a note, electric ball valves are superior in brewery operation and a very affordable.

You mean solenoid valve. Got it. Just a note, electric ball valves are superior in brewery operation and a very affordable.

Really, they use solenoid valves in the nuke industry, because they fail in a predictable ways. I like that, ever notice how the security gates at the mall all close like garage doors, wham! plus I like the idea that their rebuildable. Those are the reasons I chose solenoid over ball. Of course I allways have been a bit off, Just like my HERMS system where I'm using a seperate sealed vessell for my HERMS and not using water. There again trying to heat transfer 175f from a max of 212 @1 atmosphere seems like to perfect a ratio, I like the 175 from 386 @ 1 atmosphere it just seems alot more doable to me

Really, they use solenoid valves in the nuke industry, because they fail in a predictable way. I like that, ever notice how the security gates at the mall all close like garage doors, wham! plus I like the idea that their rebuildable. Those are the reasons I chose solenoid over ball. Of course I allways have been a bit off, Just like my HERMS system where I'm using a seperate sealed vessell for my HERMS and not using water. There again trying to heat transfer 175f from a max of 212 @1 atmosphere seems like to perfect a ratio, I like the 175 from 386 @ 1 atmosphere it just seems alot more doable to me

I'm very familiar with industrial applications. I was a controls system tech. Fast acting is not always desirable. Solenoids are not designed for back pressure and require an inline check valve in those instances. Motorized ball valves are just as easily serviced.
Having said that, I recognized there's no right or wrong way to home brew. That understanding is part of our company's philosophy.

Latest posts

Back