My First!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gambrinus

Don't let your meat loaf.
Reaction score
Bottled my first brew today. It was unbelievably clear and my taste test was outstanding. Better get my carboy cleaned out and my next brew in! This rocks!!:rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

I won't have much choice but to wait. I will be gone until the first week of April so they should be good and ready. I can't wait though!!:D

Not to mention a couple weeks before it really starts tasting even better. Fill that carboy asap. Better yet, fill two.:D

This ROCKS!!:rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: Beer rules!! I did a West Coast Pale Ale. I may try a lager next. But I better get in in though. I only have a week to get everything ordered, shipped and fermenting.

Just know that lagers take longer and are a little more complex. Temperature control is key. Your neck of the woods might not be a problem. My first lager is in a temperature controlled fridge to keep it in the low 50's.

My basement is perfect. It never gets above 57-60 degrees. I have heard lagers are tricky,... but they are my favorite so hopefully my attention to detail will help out.

Gambrinus said:
I won't have much choice but to wait. I will be gone until the first week of April so they should be good and ready. I can't wait though!!:D

Lucky You!!! At least you won't be tortured everyday having to look at those bottles.

I remember my first batch I waited a month before popping one open. I looked at them everyday after work. The temptation was great but I resisted. It was well worth the wait.

:mug:

how the hell can everybody wait soo long! My biggest problem is when it is just getting to be really good I only have a bottle or two left. sigh!

I have to try one after the first week in the bottle just to see what is happening. Can't resist the urge.

Well... I did cave in.... and it was great. I did decide; however, that I will go ahead and wait for another two weeks to drink the rest... since I kind of have to anyway.

Back