My first recipe creation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zach976

Reaction score
Been messing around with Beersmith and I am finally ready to brew a Pale ale I created. I wanted to see what people think about it. Any adjustments?

6 gallons
1.048 OG
1.010 FG
4.95% ABV
39.1 IBUs
6.7 SRM

9 lbs Maris Otter
1 lb Crystal 20L
12 oz Munich 20L
.75 oz Chinook 60 min
.50 oz Cascade 30 min
.50 oz Cascade 15 min

WLP001 or US05

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I like it!

These are the kind of beers that I like to brew. Nice and simple. Let's you experiment with different base malts, color malts, and hops.

If you brew this as is I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

If your torn on yeast I would so go us 05 on this. Perfect beer for that yeast. Just rehydrate and pitch.

It's fun to create your own recipe and this is the perfect style to start with IMO

Good luck!!

I like it!

These are the kind of beers that I like to brew. Nice and simple. Let's you experiment with different base malts, color malts, and hops.

If you brew this as is I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

If your torn on yeast I would so go us 05 on this. Perfect beer for that yeast. Just rehydrate and pitch.

It's fun to create your own recipe and this is the perfect style to start with IMO

Good luck!!

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate you commenting on it.

Yeah, this looks good to me. Nice and simple - should be an easy drinker. Only thing I may suggest is dry hopping it with a little Cascade, so give it that full Cascade experience - taste and aroma. But I don't think it's necessary by any means.

Good luck!

Yeah, it's an easy read. A variation for next time could be to do the cascade a little later, 15 and 5 or 1?

Wow this looks great. Not over-complicated, like I tend to be when I create a recipe, and it looks just delicious. I would use WLP001 personally. I would tend to wonder if US-05 would dry the beer out too much. To me there is a certain point where a light beer moves from crisp to too dry. I like crisp, not so much dry.

I really like the simple recipe though. Good work.

Changed the Munich 20L to German Munich. Looks like my local Home brew store doesn't have the 20L. I don't think it will be makes much of a difference.

Back