My first attempt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jhonny Dagher

Reaction score
Hello guys this is my first attempt on making mead and that's what i did
1 kilo honey + 3 litres of water + 10 gram bread yeast + 10 gram of boiled bread yeast
I left it for 20 minutes it has foam on the top but no bubbles in the airlock and i realised that the lid wasnt sealed shot not a good lid so i closed it with a glue gun
Thats how it looks like

Attachments

• IMG_20180328_201255.jpg
    IMG_20180328_201255.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20180328_204852.jpg
    IMG_20180328_204852.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 62
If anyone can explain to me what does the lack of foam means if it means anything ? I started 5 hours ago now there is no foam but there is still gas coming out of the airlock

If anyone can explain to me what does the lack of foam means if it means anything ? I started 5 hours ago now there is no foam but there is still gas coming out of the airlock

I am far from an expert on Mead. (Currently working on my first batch) But have made wine, beer,cider numerous times. You need to give it more time. Its not uncommon for it to take a couple days to see the airlock bubbling and the top foaming.

I am far from an expert on Mead. (Currently working on my first batch) But have made wine, beer,cider numerous times. You need to give it more time. Its not uncommon for it to take a couple days to see the airlock bubbling and the top foaming.
It did foam for couple of hours and then nothing but it was still producing gas but i went to sleep and when i woke up i went to check on it and there was no bubbles so i shaked the jar and the bubbles came back but slow is it normal?

Back