My First AG Pour!! (APA)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catfish1320

Reaction score
image-2557180016.jpg

It's much lighter then the picture shows, and is without a doubt the best beer I have ever brewed. Just a simple APA.

What was your recipe? APAs have a big range of interpretations, and I'm trying them all out.

Congrats. My first AG was a Cream of Three Crops, followed by a Kona Fire Rock APA (Magnum, Centennial, plus dry hop Centennial).

Both are delicious. The ability to have such markedly different brews is something that was not present in my extract brews. Previously, everything had a common element in the taste that wasn't readily identifiable, but certainly present.

I'm already sold on the cost of the AG equipment.

Congrats! I just cracked my first ever homebrew yesterday (also my first all grain as I jumped straight in) and it was excellent. It's pretty amazing to make something yourself that's as good as a commercial brew.

What was your recipe? APAs have a big range of interpretations, and I'm trying them all out.

Very simple grain bill
80% Pilsner
13% Munich
7% Carmel 60L

It was a 3.25 gal batch so thats why I just gave the %s as why these hop additions will seem different but the hop schedule was

.3oz cascade (60 min)
1.10oz. Cascade (20min)
.3oz Citra (10min)
1.10oz Citra (5min)
1oz Citra @ flame out

US-05

Mashed @ 152

Fermented at 65-68. I need to invest in a chest freezer and a Johnson control.

Next time I will dry hop cold crash, and use gelatin. For a first try at AG, I am pretty happy with it though.

Back