My first AG BIAB with Photos

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hefehawk

Reaction score
This was my first all grain BIAB. I did a Vanilla Porter from Austin Homebrew. I heated up 3.5 gallons of water to 165 degrees and mashed in 10.5 pounds of grain. After mashing in, the temp was 154 degrees. I put a lid on the pot and let it mash for 60 minutes. At the end of the 60 minutes, temp was 150 degrees.

I then lifted the grain bag out and put it into a collandar over a bucket. I then let it drain. After draining for a bit, I poured 2.5 gallons of 165 degree water over the bag for sparging. After pressing the bag with the lid from the pot, I was left with about 5 gallons of wort. I added another gallon of water to the wort. I then lit up the burner to get to a boil. After the wort started boiling I added my hops with a paint strainer bag. I then boiled for 60 minutes.

After the boil, i chilled and aerated the wort and put it in a fermentation bucket. My OG was 1.050 and the recipe called for 1.052. I was pretty happy with my efficiency. I then pitched my yeast starter and put it in the fermentation chamber. I will let it ferment for 2 to 3 weeks and then keg.

IMG_1488.jpg

IMG_1489.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

Back