My Fermentation Chamber - Cold White North Style

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a mod out there where you actually heat the temperature probe to keep the A/C running. I cannot find it right now, but maybe someone will know where to google it? This way the probe never reads below 'whatever', so the A/C stays running.

I tried to find it and will keep looking!

My first batch is now in the kegs in the chamber carbonating. The temp control worked exactly as planned and the hydro sample tasted great. I might have under pitched this beer a little, but it tastes pretty good.

All that is left is to trim it out, wood putty, sand, paint and finish the gas side of things. I am still considering the shelf to hold buckets and carboys.

The curb ramp I purchased online works awesome to get my Brewhemoth inside.

I did something very similar. I bypassed the thermostat on the A/C unit and put a couple computer fans in the return air duck to keep the coils from freezing.

bertha-62399.jpg

Nice!

I just need to have my micro-circuits guy take a look at my AC to figure out what needs to happen.

Late update, but this beer may be the very best brew I have ever cranked out. We are going to find out since it is at NHC 1st Round...

Still trying to figure out the AC. Next year, I am adding another 200W heater for the dead of winter just in case it gets ridiculous like this past winter.

I am still working on the final pieces of trim and am reconsidering the setup for gas inside the unit.

Latest posts

Back