My coffe stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronduncan01

Reaction score
So I have done coffee stout a few ways and my favorite so fat is a sweet stout with French vanilla beans. It is so good in fact my wife drinks it. That says a lot since she is not a stout fan. I just bought some coffee malt and plan to do both a potent and a coffee stout with it.

How much of the coffee malt did you get? I just brewed up a stout that had about five percent in it. Sitting in secondary now and haven't really tasted it.

the best on i made so far was an espresso stout, i cold steeped the coffee grinds in jameson for a week!

I bought 5 pounds just to add to a couple of recipes. U will have to let me know how it tastes.

Thank u auto correct. That's cool I made a coffee stout 10.7 my first big beer. My wife and I have a samichluse that will be ready next year. Should be around 14 or more.

Sounds awesome! I'm getting ready to move my mocha stout to the secondary today. I used a hopped stout extract kit and a dark extract with 1 ounce of Willamette hops (last 10 minutes of boil). I've got about 10-12 fl. ounces of STRONG cold brewed espresso going in and 4 ounces of cocoa nibs.

After reading this, I may try to make a small batch of big stout next time and brew with some coffee malt.

I'll have the full recipe posted in the recipe section here and in my blog after I get my FG reading.

Back