My Cave

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbjr1960

Reaction score
Sorry there are no build pics but here is the finished item, next on the list is the brew kitchen which will have an all electric brewery in it. the kitchen is located on on the other side of the saloon doors.

060511214035.jpg

060511214124.jpg

060511214136.jpg

060511214337.jpg

classy!

it looks a bit too bright to really call it a cave though. are you able to shut off a portion of the lights or are they all wired to one switch?

if they're all together, you might be able to tint the plexiglass covers to dim the lights a bit.

No, the overheads are on a separate switch and all the others can be dimmed. the beer lights can be turned off independently, and I have since added tiny light bars to light up the bottle shelf. Build time was 1 month ( I don't sleep much)

That is one nice little area.

I don't like the rugs one bit (looks like my Grandma's house) but if you like them then I will say you have one bad ass pub.

No they are 30 year old Bose 301's powered by a 30 year old sony A/V rxer with the bose mounted high and to the front I found that I didn't need all those rear speakers or a sub, I get simulated surround from the Bose bouncing the sound off of all the walls.

Nice work. I like to semi-rustic look your going for. Great space! I'm almost completed with mine, but it's seems to be the never ending project. It's a little more rustic than yours, but if you like that sort of thing, check out my thread in my signature line if you get a chance. I say...no to Pergo and yes to Slate! :mug:

looks good. do you have to leave the room to get behind the bar? seems like a PIA not having easier access to the back of the bar and to your tap. guess its easier to keep people out of there tho if you dont like your friends back there. lol. guess you can probably just reach the tap over the bar for a refill if you get lazy.

The bar is built out of red oak that my late father and I harvested together from his land and milled into lumber, it was one of the last big things we did together, so it's kind of like I'm drinking with my dad, if that makes sense.

thru the doors is the brew kitchen and you have to go thru the kitchen to behind the bar, and yes I did it on purpose to keep people from behind the bar. 2 or 3 drinks and everyone wants to be a bartender! It keeps floor mopping to a minimum. And yes I can reach the taps from the front as I do get lazy from time to time!

Looks great! Can't wait to hear about the details behind your build!

The bar is built out of red oak that my late father and I harvested together from his land and milled into lumber, it was one of the last big things we did together, so it's kind of like I'm drinking with my dad, if that makes sense.

That makes perfect sense. I have a few golf balls that were my Dad's. Whenever I use one, I feel like I'm playing with him.

I...hate....you!
Seriously, What an awesome build. I am really impressed and a bit jealous. Thanks for sharing the pics and inspiring a few of us to get our own man caves going...

thanks
Redbeard5289

Makes it all the better. Congrats on a great build!

DIY Red Oak for a awesome DIY Cave, nothing better than doing it yourself with your Dad. That's why we DIY, we put a little bit of ourselves into our Beer, Caves, Lumber... love it!

Back