My Bottles Aren't Carbing Up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtf3456

Reaction score
I bottled a batch yesterday. A few minutes ago I looked at a few bottles and I see trub at the bottom. It reached its FG after a week in primary, but it stayed in primary for 5 weeks total as I did not have time to bottle it. I don't think that matters though. Is this trub I see yeast? Should the yeast be in suspension? I may just be worrying too much.

Thanks.

it's yeast, and important to carb your beer. It's what eats your priming sugar and causes carbonation.

Store them at ~70F and WAIT THREE WEEKS [minimum] before you chill a bottle down for 4-7 days and pour into a glass. THEN you'll know how the carbonation is. I wouldn't even bother to look at them until it's been 3 weeks...

I just wasn't sure if I should see the yeast trub now or if I should only see it when the yeast has eaten all the priming sugar and fell to the bottom.

it's doing just what it's supposed to do. If it were a women it'd be bitching at you for being too critical :)

LOL one day??? Dude, there is zero way for you to be able to say the bottles aren't carbing after a day.

Give them three weeks at room temp. Give them at least a week in the fridge after that. They may not be done, but (assuming this isn't a high gravity beer), they should be well on their way and drinkable at that point.

Back