My beer is green...can you help me?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terrenum

Reaction score
Good evening,

I recently brewed a 10 gallons batch of the Bombshell blonde that I have divided in 2 carboys. One of them is a nice golden color and the other one is kind of greenish... is it due to the hops from the boil kettle that ended up in one carboy? The beer has been of primary for 14 days now. it smells very good. Is this what people mean by having a green beer?

looks like the green will eventually deposit at the bottom but in 2 weeks it traveled half way down only...

any advice or feedback would be appreciate thanks!

sounds like more hops in one than the other. don't worry it will settle out. rack it if its done fermenting and wait another few weeks. if that doesn't do it cold crash it/ use a clarifier like bentonite or polyklar

sounds like more hops in one than the other. don't worry it will settle out. rack it if its done fermenting and wait another few weeks. if that doesn't do it cold crash it/ use a clarifier like bentonite or polyklar

+1 to this.

I've never heard of beer turning green at all, but if it smells good (implying its probably not infected) I'd cold crash the **** out of it, throw in some Super Kleer and bottle.

Just be sure to be SUPER careful when bringing your bucket out of the fridge and dont slosh it around too much.

Please update with results.

iVE HAD that, and was like ehh it will be allright but it shure looks weird,like the hops dyed your beer murky green. I actually wouldnt mine if my hops dyed it green because you never see that, i dont think ever once poured.

thanks for your feedback.
will rack it and wait another few weeks. It is definitely not infected and it looks like it will eventually settle at the bottom. I was stirring the wort when draining it through my plate chiller... I guess I shouldn't have touched a thing; I probably stirred stuff that was at the bottom of the kettle...

Your comments generated another question: I didn't use irish moss during boil; how do you clear your beer once fermentation is over?

thanks; I appreciate your feedback

Usually time and more time and cold time and depending on the yeast you used's flocuation. You can cold crash if its that big of a deal, i never do. It almost always seems to clear up mostly but i also leave alot of mine months.

Latest posts

Back