My Basement Bar renovation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well an Update... All of the lighting has been wired up and switches put in...

Still need to relocate a light into the storage area and put in a outlet for the chest freezer but things are really coming along...

Going to put in one directional halo lamp in the dead corner for the "Dartboard arena" and then after that... I can start sheet rocking.

Pictures of the lighting coming tonight...

Ok new pictures are up of the progress:

CIMG0091.jpg

CIMG0093.jpg

CIMG0092.jpg

CIMG0095.jpg

CIMG0094.jpg

CIMG0098.jpg

CIMG0096.jpg

CIMG0100.jpg

CIMG0099.jpg

CIMG0101.jpg

As you can see I have a ton of taping to do and the existing walls on the right were a ***** to get sheet rock up on thanks to my brother not understanding the concept of 16 on center... Oh well...

I was happy how the one column post came out on the right and the poplar, although thin, was pretty easy to work with...

Still need to get some a lot of stuff done.

1. Ceiling (need help with that)
2. Panel where the cabinets are needs to be re -sheet rocked
3. Over the door needs some sheet rock
4. Floor Moulding needs to be put in.
5. Floor needs to be painted
6. Taped and sand the walls and ceilings.
7. Paint walls.
8. Throw party...

This saturday I'll be brewing however I think during my class in the morning (online) I'll be taping the walls.

Next weekend I'll be more than likely throwing up the ceiling so then after that it shouldnt be long till this place is up and opperational!

Here's an update... Obviously I havnt been posting anything lately... Been busy with school and what not but here are the new things that got done...

CIMG0235.jpg

CIMG0237.jpg

CIMG0233.jpg

And just got my Pool table re-felted with Simonis 860 and it looks and plays amazing!

Before:
CIMG0214.jpg

After
CIMG0230.jpg

Looking good! I was looking at the last few pictures and was thinking "a pool table would look great there" and bam! Well done!

Yea the actual pool table resides about 50 feet away in its own designated area... In there will be my kegerator, Bar top, Dart board, and hopefully a wine rack

Cool man. I was going to point out that I thought you had the closet doors upside down, but it looks like you fixed them.

Yea actually funny story on that... I have a low ceiling in my basement and when I had to go and trim the closet doors, the bottom and tops are only so thick, as they are just cores basically...

I cut off too much and was not able to mount them without breaking the crappy fiberwood that was in the core... I fixed this by stapling on paint stirrers to the bottom of the door to increase the thickness and now voilla! I have doors that are not Upside down lol

Well Here are the semi Finished pictures: Still need to do some painting and trim work but all in all its done and has hosted its first party or two... or three....

CIMG3190.jpg

CIMG3191.jpg

CIMG3192.jpg

CIMG3193.jpg

CIMG3194.jpg

Box Wine? Sure, but the good stuff is underneath! ;)
CIMG3195.jpg

CIMG3196.jpg

Liquor Overflow in case people get really thirsty
CIMG3197.jpg

Inside the beast:

CIMG3198.jpg

and yes... Milk does a body good:

wow man thats looks awesome, congrats. That is my dream someday. Did you have much experience with construction or just a DIY'er?

My experience with DIY work is just that i do whatever I feel like to keep me busy... I have some construction experience, nothing serious... Just worked for a general and commercial construction company... Still I learn as I go...

I am also about to start my next project... Electric brewery and brew room... upstairs... Yay! Soon to be posted...

Franzia?!?!

*throws up in own mouth*

Heheh its "The world's most popular wine"

Sometimes, all people really want is some box wine... who am I to deny them that?! lol

To be honest I'm not a huge wine drinker, although my father is so he likes to have his wines and then stuff he serves at parties... obviously thats what the boxed wine is for.

The corked stuff is my home made wine... Its a Shiraz still needs about 3 more months till i can drink it :(

Heheh its "The world's most popular wine"

Sometimes, all people really want is some box wine... who am I to deny them that?! lol

To be honest I'm not a huge wine drinker, although my father is so he likes to have his wines and then stuff he serves at parties... obviously thats what the boxed wine is for.

The corked stuff is my home made wine... Its a Shiraz still needs about 3 more months till i can drink it :(
Actually, boxed wine gets a bad rap - some of it's not bad at all. Franzia, tho...

Wasn't a wine drinker either until I moved to Northern California. This place is a liver's worst enemy, living a half hour from some of the best wineries on the planet, as well as Russian River, Bear Republic, Lagunitas, Iron Springs, Toronado... and then there's my own stuff downstairs.

I tellya, it's a wonder I'm sober!

Awesome build. Where the tap handles come out of (not sure what you call it?) looks slick. Much more pro looking then the wooden box version in the previous photos.

Also alot of the before pics seem to be bad links?? Maybe it's me....

I think its because I have resized them and did not directly replaced... I'll have to see if I can edit the old posts...

Back