My Arcade... MameGear

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firebat138

Reaction score
just thought I would show you guys one of my other hobbies... Arcades... Completely built by me, cabinet, computer, artwork etc... plays over 13000 games... all systems... Yup... ALL... well just about...

Atari 2600
Nintendo
Super Nintendo
Nintendo 64
Arcade
PS1
PS2
Gameboy
Colecovision
Intellivision
Sega Saturn
Geneisis

etc

built a couple of these and should have website up soon for custom builds... Starting on my bartop touchscreen soon....

Better Pics

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1270.jpg

IMG_1275.jpg

SNC00631.jpg

Here is my Driving Cab

Speed Racer

SpeedRacer.jpg

And finally my Pinball Cab

Spaceballs It was Pin Wars... but I like this better... both sides show... The helmet on Darth was a joke...

Swartz.jpg

yodaside1.jpg

Is it just a PC inside? How does one play N64 games with the limited controllers you have there?

I remember years ago I go ahold of one of those emulators and spent hours in my office playing arcade games. I'm still shocked I never got fired.

Just bypassed the webfilter to view your pictures...that's awesome!!

Thanx... All the emulators are set up to use the controls above that are hooked up to a keyboard emulator... So when I press button 1 player 1, it is mapped to the letter Z for example. In the emulators, there are button configs and etc... Yes... N^$ has a lot of buttons, but I have them all mapped accordingly... PLUS... there is a USB interface in which I can plug in a controller if I wanted to...

Just a PC... A quad Core Athalon, 8 Gigs Ram, 1.5TB HD, NVidia GT 220...

4 Players, 6 buttons each except for players 3 and 4... 4 buttons there... there are not any 4 player games that use that many buttons anyways...

Admin controls for ESC, TAB, Pause and various other admin stuff...

Those are badass. I had considered making a dedicated mame unit before but never imagined anything even remotely close to this.

Nice..... yeah... the only thing is was missing was cup holders, but then I dont need beer cups around those buttons. LOL..

For a 4 player panel, with the led lighting for the buttons and etc, retail would be around $4000.00 plus... I know.... LOL... I had about 2600 total, BUT I already had a computer

The CABINET was the cheapest... They sell KITS for around 500 plus shipping, but you can use 3 sheets pf mdf and get everythng build... I think the wood, screws, glue, paint, etc cost me around 350 and frankly I dont even think I had THAT into it... the mdf was 40 each.

Then I had a drawer and a coin door.. seen here

SDC11910.jpg

SDC11906.jpg

My dogfish head opener acts as a knob... LOL

How do you do the artwork? I mean, if I wanted to design something and put it on a machine, what method do you use to make the artwork for the machine?

I designed everything myself in Photoshop. I mean, some of the characters are from deviantart, but I got their permission to use them for myself of course... I work for an Architectural company and I run the graphics division. So I have access to plotters and large format printers... So for the top marquee, the bezel around the screen and the sides, I printed them out myself and then had them adhered to gator board, which is heavy duty foamcore. The Control Panel I had to have done, cause the wiring was not my expertise.

IMG_1271.jpg

All vinyl grade prints so they wont fade and are resistant to moisture... etc...

I actually do this graphics work for others, as I am designing several others right now. If you need any assistance, let me know...

Back