My $60 CL Find

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrMaddVibe

Reaction score
I've been bottling since starting the whole homebrew thing a couple years ago. Always wanted to make the jump to kegging but it was always just out of reach.

I always scour yard sales (that's where I've found 3 glass carboys for $10...for ALL!!!), the auction sites and Craigslist.

The other day I call on an ad and I figure it's "too good to be true". I ask if it's available and he said I was the 1st person to call. I told him his price of $60 was fair. I thought it was going to be one of those deals where someone shows up and buys it out from under me or he starts adding it all up and takes the ad down and throws it out piecemeal.

So...this is what I got...:rockin:

232323232%7Ffp73396%3Enu%3D5853%3E%3B98%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D338%3A54%3A56234%3Bnu0mrj

The CO2 tank is filled and the regulator is working too!!!!

The CO2 tank is a 10lb'er and it's FULL!!! The regulator works like a champ too!

Who doesn't need a couple of extra bottling buckets and an extra fermenter?

4 hydrometers, a couple of airlocks, a thermometer, bottle brush and plastic spatula, auto-siphon that's never been used and a bag full of hops and priming sugar!!!!

W00t!!!!!

The CO2 tank is a 10lb'er and it's FULL!!! The regulator works like a champ too!

Who doesn't need a couple of extra bottling buckets and an extra fermenter?

4 hydrometers, a couple of airlocks, a thermometer, bottle brush and plastic spatula, auto-siphon that's never been used and a bag full of hops and priming sugar!!!!

W00t!!!!!

I hate you....jk

That is a great find!!! And I agree that looks like a 20 lb cylinder. If you look on the solder it should have a TW stamped (tare weight) on it, the digits next to that are the weight of the cylinder empty. Weight the cylinder and subtract the TW and you will know how much you have remaining.

On the heels of my 60 buck find...I bring you my 75 buck find!!!

224745_196752010367938_100000994226510_489240_6696331_n.jpg

Now I have to clean it...repaint it...replace the cord and hoses...the good news is...she WORKS!!!!!

I bought a tap handle from the bay that fits both of our needs...she's a Bud Light gal...and I'm an Eagle fan...so how fitting...

!B7i0UNQEWk~$(KGrHqMOKjcEycdM8Hz+BM0evB(!9g~~_3.JPG

I know the pic is of a regular Bud...but the one I got is just like it but with a BL bottle.

I'm already thinking about a new tower with a 3 headed hydra!!!

Back