Mt. Hood Colombus IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gavilan

Reaction score
I'm practically new to homebrewing :rockin: (this will be my fifth recipe) and just bought this

Specialty Grain
.5 lb. Briess Crystal
.5 lb. Crystal Malt

Fermentables
9.5 lbs Briess liquid malt extract

Hops & flavoring
.5 oz Mt. hood (First Wort hop)
.5 oz Colombus (60 minutes)
1 oz Mt Hood (30 minutes)
1 oz Mt hood (0 minutes)
1 oz Colombus (dry hop last weeke secondary fermentation)

Dry yeast
Safale US-05 Ale yeast

The guy at the brew shop told me he have done this before but all grain and was exelent, but never done it extract. I'm doing the experiment for him :D

What do you think about this recipe? I know Mt. hood are not typical for IPA but...

It's Denny's Wry-less Smile IPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your hop schedule is almost identical to his recipe. It should make a tasty IPA. Plug your hops and AA% into a brew calculator like the one on hopville.com to get an estimate of IBU's. You may want to up your 60 minute addition.

Good luck.

a ****, didnt put all the other info in it. With all the other stuff it goes down to 26.9. I might add .5 more columbus for 60 minutes or just brew it like it is.

It's Denny's Wry-less Smile IPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your hop schedule is almost identical to his recipe. It should make a tasty IPA. Plug your hops and AA% into a brew calculator like the one on hopville.com to get an estimate of IBU's. You may want to up your 60 minute addition.

Good luck.

lol I was just going to say...hmm, this looks familiar. I just brewed Wry Smile two days ago. Smells like heaven.

a ****, didnt put all the other info in it. With all the other stuff it goes down to 26.9. I might add .5 more columbus for 60 minutes or just brew it like it is.

1 ounce for 60 minutes sounds much better. Denny's is at about 64 IBUs.

will do the 1 oz at 60, It will kick the bitternes a bit more but not make it extremely bitter, wife will appreciate that.

Brewed it with the original receipe. Its lovely and extremely good. I would love it a bit more hoppy but for all my friend that doesnt know much about good beer this is great

47FADD8B-orig.jpg

Back