Mr. Beer Saison?? Or Wheat??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rkb1983

Reaction score
So I ordered one of the keg shaped Mr. Beer fermenters from Amazon so I could do some easy small batches that I can bottle right from the spigot. Turns out it's the actual kit which includes ingredients for the American Light beer which I think is just hopped extract and a packet of yeast. I think I'm going to just make it at the same time as my next batch and split the packet of yeast when I brew since I usually make 2.5 gallon batches. So which yeast do you think I should go with, danstar Munich classic or belle saison? I have both ready. I don't really want to throw any expensive ingredients into it so I won't be turning it into an IPA or anything!

The classic American light when brewed by itself is not much more than 'alcoholic club soda'. You need to augment that hme to get anything worth drinking. That's not to say that the C.A.L. is a bad hme. I've used it plenty of times in recipes that turned out nice. If you want to brew it I might recommend steeping some specialty grains to 'fill it out'. If you do steep grains and augment with some orange peel you might like the Saison yeast. Save the Mr. Beer yeast to use as yeast nutrient.

Latest posts

Back