Mr. beer kits question on mixing 2 styles.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krausen89

Reaction score
I am not really a beginner but I would like to see if anyone has tried this before. I got a mr beer refill(irish stout) for xmas and I just found a mr beer kit with a western pale ale. Im thinking about mixing the 2 in a double-batch anyone ever try this, or have any comments/ideas. Was also thinking mimosa flowers with the pale ale if that wont work.

I now have 2 mr beer refills a stout and a pale ale. Could I say mix the 2 in a double batch and see wtf I get? Any ideas or comments?

Imperial stout would be nice. thats how I saw it 50/50 chance. Im sure it will be drinkable. But will it taste good is the question

So I have done it. With the kits, you are supposed to ferment for 7 days and then bottle. But im going for a bit stronger, and hoping the yeast can take it. I always have the option of putting it right into my corny keg.. But id rather bottle. Im going to rack into secondary and "dry hop" with crystalized baby ginger root. Should be interesting..but then again, when is brewing not? Im def excited to taste the results!

so i have brewed it, and right into the corny with crystalized ginger to add ginger flavor and to prime....did put some co2 on it to start it out. and purging so often as to not overcarb it. now is the question of how to chill the corny. ive been thinking of making a jocky box but the coils are to expensive so maybe rubber beer tubing? and i do not have a kegorator...one of my options i am considering are putting the beer into swingtop bottles and cooling them in the fridge to drink....keeping the rest in the keg to sit on the ginger...any input? btw it tastes damn good! ginger is pretty stong (which i like) and malty like a bown ale almost.

Back