Mr beer hasn't reached FG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmg2800

Reaction score
I brewed a Mr beer Api Ipa kit about two and half weeks ago. My OG was inline with the recipe at 1.084 after two and half weeks the gravity has only reached 1.028. I took a gravity reading after the first 10 days and it was 1.030. In an additional week it only dropped .002. The recipe's FG is supposed to be1.016. The beer is cloudy and tastes sweet. Should I wait a couple more weeks or can I expect to have a partially fermented brew. My ambient temperature of 58*f was under the recommended 68*-76*f. I have 1/3 of a bag of us-05. Should I repitch or just wait it out.

You should warm it up a bit to be more inline with the 68-76 degree recommendation. The cooler ambient temperature slows the fermentation process. You should see increased activity with the rise in temperature. 58 degrees is too low for an Ale. Cheers!

+1 on NTXBrauer's post. Let it warm to finish, starting at low ferment temp is usually good, but letting warm up to the upper fermentation range at the end is good also.

Latest posts

Back