Moving to the Columbus, GA area in September...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stjackson

Reaction score
...and I need to know where to get a drink!

I recently accepted a job with the US Army Band and, after all my training is done, I'll be stationed at Ft. Benning. I did some googlin' and found the Cannon Brewpub, which seems, at first glance, to be a cool place which I'll definitely try out.

Any HBT members living in that area? Are there any other good places I should know about? Any other local breweries, pub or otherwise? What about places to buy good microbrews? Here in Raleigh, I have Total Wine & More. Those guys stock a ton of good beer. Is there such a place in the Columbus area?

Thanks for the advice!

I'm 30 mins. or so away from there in Auburn, AL. Never really get over to Columbus often so I'm not much help looking for good beer.

Did you make it over to Cannon? I am a fan of a few of their beers, Red Jacket Ale, maybe.

I'm not moving there until September. I was just trying to get a feel of the craft beer scene down there. It's still several months before I leave, but I was bored at work and trying to learn a few things about where I'm going to be spending the next 3 or so years.

Latest posts

Back