Moving Kegs around

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IBrewthere4Iam

Reaction score
So I am not sure if this should be in kegging or General.

I would like to bring my 2 5gal corny kegs to the pool on Friday to celebrate the 4th. I am looking for a little to no cost ways to get that done. I know I could do big buckets or something but just wondering if someone has something more crafty. I want to transport everything together.

Thanks

Sort of what I thought. I found a 32gal trash for 19$ can and figured it has wheels and could make it work.

Sort of what I thought. I found a 32gal trash for 19$ can and figured it has wheels and could make it work.

That is probably the least expensive way of doing it. Just make sure that it is out of direct sunlight. That will help keep things cold.

Don't forget to make sure you have enough co2. Don't want to run out of co2 at the beginning of the party. You also might want to have a few spare parts with you, just in case someone breaks a picnic tap or something.

I wish I would have thought about this sooner. I love the idea of having the taps in the side of the can.

Here's my version:

dscf2640-40875.jpg

We added a drainvalve to the bottom, so the water from the ice can drain and it's much lighter then when taking it back to the car! I've got three kegs and a 5 pound c02 tank in there, along with some sheets of foam insulation to help keep it cool. The ice goes in around the kegs.

I like the choice of tap handles. I would have put the PBR as the center of attention, but to each his own. ;-)

Back