Moving into the beer business

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddBaggins

cervisiam vitae
Reaction score
I'm excited to finally announce this! My friend and I are finally making our move into the craft beer business. We are opening a beer bar with 30 taps of mostly AZ beers. We will also have a bottle shop of select craft beers from around the world. If all goes well, this may eventually develop into a brewery also.
The east side of Tucson is mostly devoid of good places for craft beer. There's already a lot of excitement from some of the local breweries, craft bars and distributors for us to do this. I can't wait to get this rolling. We're looking to be open before summer if all goes well. I hope to turn this into my full time and only job in the near future.

http://www.arizonabeerhouse.com/
https://www.facebook.com/azbeerhouse?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

:mug::ban::tank:

Great! My wife and I will be driving from So. Cal. to El Paso. We will be staying in Tucson the night of June 25. Get it opened up and we'll stop in for a cold one.

Cheers!

Congrats!
Don't forget to have an ample supply for the BMC crowd too.

We were in our local Taphouse for the first time last night.
32 taps of craft plus 1 cask pump. We had a few paddles, to taste the available variety.

Although most people were drinking pints of Craft beer, I noticed more than a few drinking from bottles of BMC lights (not even from a glass). None of the BMC swill was on tap, bottles only. Very strange phenomenon to see the sharp difference between those who craft and those who don't. Wouldn't they at least be somewhat curious? Nah, been there!

Demolition has been going well. License is at the state. We're getting excited! Everyone we've talked with is super excited about finally getting a craft beer bar on the east side. :ban:

Things are moving good. We have a hearing with the state in a few weeks. Should get out license then. Then we can start loading up with product. We're looking to be open by the end of June. We're down to the small stuff on the construction. It's tough working full time jobs and then spending all our time off working, but we don't owe anyone any $$. We have also applied for our brewing license and will start out with a pilot system. Small batch stuff.
Check FaceBook- Arizona Beer House for progress pics and updates.

I'd love to be one of your first customers. If you're open on the 25th when we stay in Tucson, I'll be there.

I'm guessing I'll be a regular. I'm in Vail, so now I don't have to drive across town to find a bottle shop. Looking forward to coming in soon. Congrats.

I'm guessing I'll be a regular. I'm in Vail, so now I don't have to drive across town to find a bottle shop. Looking forward to coming in soon. Congrats.

Sweet! A regular! Look forward to seeing you.
If you drive by and see the doors open, feel free to stop in. We're in there every weekend getting things done for the opening.

I'll definitely check it out when school is back in session while visiting my daughter at the UofA.

We'll be heading downtown tomorrow, after our plumbing final inspection, to pick up our license!!
We are almost there.

Congrats!
Don't forget to have an ample supply for the BMC crowd too.

We were in our local Taphouse for the first time last night.
32 taps of craft plus 1 cask pump. We had a few paddles, to taste the available variety.

Although most people were drinking pints of Craft beer, I noticed more than a few drinking from bottles of BMC lights (not even from a glass). None of the BMC swill was on tap, bottles only. Very strange phenomenon to see the sharp difference between those who craft and those who don't. Wouldn't they at least be somewhat curious? Nah, been there!

One of my locals used to be a Belgian pub with 150 really good beers and most the people sat there would be drinking pints of Peroni. It used to drive me mad!

Hope the bar goes well. I'm a bit far away for a visit mind you!

OK, I'll be in Tucson June 25th by 6pm. You going to be open yet?

It's gonna be close. We picked up our license the other day. We need the electrician to finish and then our inspections. Then we can stock up and open.

OK, times up. I'll be there (Tucson) Thursday evening looking for some refreshments. How's the progress coming along?

Not done yet. Hopefully the electrician finishes today, then we call in the inspections. If we pass all those right away(doubt it) then we could be open early next week.
Hopefully by the upcoming holiday.

Which licenses did you have to apply for first? Very cool to see something burgeoning in the Tucson area. I used to work there 3 or 4 times q yer and never found a decent selection of craft beers (of course that was about 20 years ago!)

Not done yet. Hopefully the electrician finishes today, then we call in the inspections. If we pass all those right away(doubt it) then we could be open early next week.
Hopefully by the upcoming holiday.

Sad to hear, I was really looking forward to checking it out. Maybe next year...

Where is it going to be? Hopefully on the far eastside. It would be cool if you could get someone to contract brew on site.

We have a beer and wine license right now. We're in the process of applying for a brewing license as well. We plan to get a pilot system and some 35g fermenters. Then we can do double brews to fill a fermenter. This time next year we'll be rotating a few handles with our own stuff.
We're at Broadway/Kolb in the Gaslight Plaza.

So, Since you wont be open, where should I take the wife for a great local craft brew while in Tucson this Thursday evening? She enjoys IPA's more than anything.

So, Since you wont be open, where should I take the wife for a great local craft brew while in Tucson this Thursday evening? She enjoys IPA's more than anything.

Downtown. Tap and Bottle for a wide selection from around the world.
Borderlands Brewery for just a cool place.
The Good Oak Bar for a selection of AZ only beers.
Pueblo Vida for some really tasty local brew.

Far west side.
Dragoon Brewery for some of AZ best beers.

East side.
The Canyons Crown Pub for some good English pub fare and beers plus some good craft handles.
East River Bar at Whole Foods on River Rd.

Northwest
Noble Hops for good food and craft beer.

What about Barrio? Thunder canyon? They any good?

Both are good for sure. I think the others I listed are better though. But you can't go wrong. Plus Iron Johns bottle shop like Nate mentioned. It's "to go" only except for Saturday tastings.

OK. We're staying in Tucson City Center ( whatever that is, my wife says so). Let's meet up for a pint on me!

Back