Moving Beyond Mr Beer - Durham, NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snortbeast

Reaction score
Hey folks -
Great forum!

I've made several batches using Mr. Beer's 2.5 gl kit, and they've done well but I want to start making my own beer.

Lots of confusion about ingredients and recipes (like how do I make a 5 gal batch when malt extract comes in 3.3lb cans?!?)

But I'm today's the day to forge ahead.

Happy to be here!

Snortbeast

Greetings and welcome to HBT! You'll find just about everything you need here to take your brewing to the next level. And if you can't find it, just ask. :)

Sup neighbor! Just moved to the Durham area myself and hope to get brewin here in the next week or so. Any good homebrew shops around here?

Welcome to the area! I'm in Cary and go to both Bull City Brewing and American Brewmaster. Both shops are good for different reasons. Also check out some of the local home brew clubs such as Trub or Carboy.

Hi! We have a small group who drinks and brews and slings insults like there's no tomorrow. Shoot me a PM if you're interested! :)

I live in Princeton but frequent Raleigh/durham area. I've yet to go but there is bull city home brew shop in Durham and I'm sure they would help with everything you need. I started brewing with supplies and a kit from American brewmaster in Raleigh. They also have a helpful staff and the kits are a great easy way to start brewing. Also check out sams quik shop in Durham for a HUGE selection of craft beer. That place is heaven for beer lovers.

Latest posts

Back