Mounted my Corona Mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SookeBrewing

Reaction score
Last brew was only my second all-grain, and the first where I milled my own grain - the LHBS did it for me the first time. I had this Corona mill lying around - I got it when I bought about 150 Grolsch and Kulmbacher bottles off an old home brewer who was moving from his house into an apartment.

I was pretty impressed with the mill - I played around with it until I got a good crush, and I'm pretty certain I got at least 75% if not greater efficiency (though I did not measure it).

Anyway, on Brew Day, I tried to mount the thing on my workstation - an old desk from my office, but alas, it just wouldn't fit. So I ended up mounting it to my truck and cranking off the grain from there. It also did not have a large enough hopper for more than about a pound of grain.

I am brewing Sunday (a Watermelon Wheat, if you care) so I set about to fix this today. Using materials scavenged from my garage, I put together the following:

IMG-20110527-00238.jpg

IMG-20110527-00239.jpg

IMG-20110527-00240.jpg

I used an a bucket, which I notched out to seat a piece of 2x6, notched out to allow the grains to fall. Then I used some old sign toppers (I'm in real estate) as guards to keep the crush from going everywhere and keep it in the bucket. I had an old water bottle which is now my hopper, big enough for a full 10lbs.

Can't wait to try it out on Sunday!

Fantastic system you have there wilserbrewer! I may need to make further refinements!

Back