Motorizing a corona mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivenin

Reaction score
Howdy!

Well i have searched on here, around the interwebs... And haven't been able to find a good answer.
Now i know a drill is a good option, but i'm trying to plan out a more permanent grain crushing area and would like a motor perma mounted to my new mill.
Only thing i can figure is take a drill apart, wire up a switch and variable resistor to control speed... however i'm not sure i want to take apart a perfectly good drill :) anyone have any good perma motors for a corona mill?

thanks for the link :D and yep, i have checked it out (i think i've read through it at least 3 times, which made me look for a corona mill in the first place lol).
but mostly just saw drills in buckets matted with the drill. or the windshield wiper setup (which was pretty badass!) just trying to see if anyone else had anything setup that was more "permanent" vs the usual bucket setups with the drill.

Did you ever motorize your corona? I am looking at this because I want a mill I can use for brewing and tighten down to do flour. I am forming a brewing co-op with some friends and want to go "green" with our brewing. I want to pedal power the mill, but need more detail on how to connect a drive gear.

nothing yet, i've stepped back from brewing for a bit because my stock overflowed, so i gotta drink a bit down before i can make more.
have you seen the bicycle motorized corona on you tube? it shouldn't be that bad if you can get a bicycle gear with a few washers and a bolt and a long enough chain, or mount it close to the bike.

Back