Moto Donkey?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heinz57

Reaction score
The dynamical theory behind this thing blows my mind, but why not just use a jackass to do the same thing? It sure would be a lot quieter, well outside of the hee-haw.

[youtube]W1czBcnX1Ww[/youtube]​

I watched the scene where it slipped on ice three times, and I still can't believe it.

Wow. Hat's off to the build team! That is some amazing technology, especially in a quadruped. I'd say it trumps a donkey though; You still need to feed it electric, but there is no solid waste to deal with!

If you stare at it long enough it stops looking like a donkey and starts looking like 2 skinny stagehands carrying something big and heavy.

Some amazing skills there, whoever put that together and wrote the programming for balance compensation.

The guy knocks it in the ribs and it doesn't even fall, just keeps on going.

They need to get it better on ice though, take into account the slipperiness of it or just put some sensors that automatically engage ice picks in all four feet.

The dynamical theory behind this thing blows my mind, but why not just use a jackass to do the same thing? It sure would be a lot quieter, well outside of the hee-haw.

[youtube]W1czBcnX1Ww[/youtube]​

I watched the scene where it slipped on ice three times, and I still can't believe it.

Goto the Boston Dynamic website to see even more footage and some other freaky robotic designs. The one of OP reference was actually based on a dog design.

Back