Morebeer Malt Muncher 2 Mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MoreBeer charges $50 for the extension, Monster charges $30, but the shipping to my location is over $30. I bought sheet metal and hardware at Home Depot for $30 and made my own.
View attachment 675488

BTW: I just used this the other day for a BIG barleywine brew. This is the Kegco 3 roller with modifications, the bin underneath holds 105 quarts, I'm thinking 50 pounds would be no problem. I used 38 pounds of grain, tore thru it in 4.5 minutes, with no refilling or emptying.
IMG_20200409_134504834.jpg

^^^That. (IslandLizards post). I bought the Kegco 3 roller mill with 11 pound hopper. Honestly don't remember which online retailer I bought it from (possibly MoreBeer), but it was about $160 shipped. 1/2" shaft, bearings instead of bushings, large rollers, made my own baseboard, and already had the drill. I run it slow, does 20-25 pound batches in 5 minutes or less.
EDIT: Just googled it, Kegco lists it at $157, didn't check shipping.
the beveragefactory.coms store brand is the "kegco" mill but you can buy this exact mill as the maltmuncher from other vendors. some have keg king , some kegland or other distribtor branding marking on them now as the manufacturer offers free laser etching of branding on the side for everyone who buys in bulk and distributes as thier own like the hullwrecker and the like.. the cereal killer maltmucher, kegco and hullwrecker branded mills are from the same manufacturer. Some have hardened rollers and some have softer stainless that wont rust with conditioning.
for 5 and 10 gallon brews either is fine IMO as I own both, even use my kegco in a commercial 3bbl brewpub for over a year and a half with thousands of lbs of grain through it now.

Back