Monkey Meat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TasunkaWitko

Reaction score
Just a couple of days ago, I found this:

Monkey Meat - It’s Not What You Think

DSC07519.jpg

Ingredients

1 lb. stick bologna, cut into cubes
5 to 6 baby dill pickles, drained
1/2 cup mayo, more if needed

Instructions

1.In a food processor pulse the bologna several times until it becomes very finely chopped, place in a large bowl.

2.Wipe out the food processor and add the dill pickles, pulse a few times until very finely chopped. Add the dill pickles to the bologna along with the mayo. Stir to combine, keep chilled and spread on butter crackers or in-between to pieces of bread for a delicious sandwich!

DSC07510.jpg

https://www.iwashyoudry.com/monkey-meat/

We always did something very similar with roast beef or ham to make sandwich filling. A person can vary from it a bit and add a few ingredients (such as cheese, chopped hard-boiled egg etc), but it's really easy, no matter what.

We would always use a meat grinder, which would work just as well as the food processor; I also imagine that it would work great with nearly any other cooked or pre-cooked sausage.

Ground Bologna. This was (is) one of my favorite things ever. The school I went to as a kid made the best. My friend's wife makes it just the same. My wife's aunt makes it just the same. I have yet to emulate their works of art.

That said, I can still make it pretty good. Good enough to give me a stomach ache when I eat like 4 sandwiches at one time.

I've chopped with a knife and processed in a machine. Have not yet used a grinder, but I should.

Back