MN - Beer Gas Fills & Pricing? wtf

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ja09

Reaction score
The stout faucet is ready!... but extremely dry at the moment. :confused:

I'm in Minneapolis and just called Praxair and Minneapolis Oxygen Company for pricing and here's what I got:

Praxair: $76 for an exchange
MO2: $23 for an exchange

Am I missing something here? I double checked the price with MO2.. three times. I couldn't believe the difference. What do you guys usually pay for an exchange?

Apparently Praxiar is not interested in your business. Maybe Prax quoted the wrong size? I haven't bought my mix tank yet for my stout faucet...but, IIRC the quote was in the low $20's for a 5lb and low $40's for a 20lb.

Apparently Praxiar is not interested in your business. Maybe Prax quoted the wrong size? I haven't bought my mix tank yet for my stout faucet...but, IIRC the quote was in the low $20's for a 5lb and low $40's for a 20lb.

Thanks. I needed to hear something like this because pricing seems to be wacky...

Just called Midwest and Norther Brewer, and they both do beer gas exchanges now too.

Northern: $40 something
Midwest: $15!

I guess nitrogen is a serious markup for some companies.. Still confused. :confused:

edit.. Oh, and the guy at Praxair said it was equivalent to a 5lb tank but different because of higher pressure. $76.

The pricing discrepancy is more that likely attributed to poor or no negotiation with their suppliers. I've worked in the welding/gas industry for over 20 years and this is not unusual with most compressed gases except propane.

Back