MLT Wooden brew stand ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skepace

Reaction score
I have searched on here and still not finding what I was looking for. I am wanting to build a wooden stand for just my Mash Tun. My HLT and BK both can sit onto burner stands so they are good for right now. Here is what I am using:

Coleman X Treme 54 qt rectangular cooler

Need to attach two Chugger pumps and a plate chiller to the stand.

Anyone have any pictures? I am guessing I would need to use 4x4's for the posts and 2x4's for the supports.

Thanks for the help

I have searched on here and still not finding what I was looking for. I am wanting to build a wooden stand for just my Mash Tun. My HLT and BK both can sit onto burner stands so they are good for right now. Here is what I am using:

Coleman X Treme 54 qt rectangular cooler

Need to attach two Chugger pumps and a plate chiller to the stand.

Anyone have any pictures? I am guessing I would need to use 4x4's for the posts and 2x4's for the supports.

Thanks for the help

So you just want a platform to set your cooler... just slap together some 2x4's or 2x3's for the frame and some 1x's for the table top and you are good to go. Use 4x4s if you intend on using the stand to support a couple elephants. Maybe you could elaborate on your design requirements?

So you're wanting a stand JUST for mash tun, pump and chiller? I'd probably be tempted to just go to Goodwill or IKEA and buy a cheap night stand or dresser. Absolutely do not need 4x4 legs for a whopping hundred pounds or so. If gonna build it yourself I'd just slap some 2x4s or even smaller. 1-bys or plywood for the top.

4x4's are way overkill for your project...2x3 is more than enough, lighter and cheaper

cedar will make your beer taste better, oak will infuse tannins but, cherry will make for a very flavourful brew.....

Kidding, you can use what ever wood you like but I'm with iijakii, goodwill store

cedar will make your beer taste better, oak will infuse tannins but, cherry will make for a very flavourful brew.....

Kidding, you can use what ever wood you like but I'm with iijakii, goodwill store

Ha! Thanks.

My wife is the picky kind. I will build one plus I have 4 or 5 cedar 2x4's.

I built a wood stand that will hold the sparge water on top and the mash tun on the middle then drop into the keggle which is sitting on a burner. We brewed this weekend and it worked great. The only thing that I will be changing is I am going to use a pump to help take the hot water from the keggle to the mash tun and sparge container. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1445314059.120487.jpg

Back