Misheard Lyrics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"More than a feeling" by Boston...
Near the end of the chorus they actually sing (I had to look it up) "Til I see Marianne walk away" but I thought it sounded more like
"And I steal all the apples away"

"Takin' care of business" sounds alot to me like "Bakin' carrot biscuits"

I get by with a little help from my Fred....

Last edited by a moderator:
Airbourne's "Runnin' Wild", as misheard by my younger brother:
(Who thought it was a pretty good AC/DC song...)

- "I'm sick on your ship, too much red wine..."
- "I got a red rash, it's outta control, all over my fingers and all over my toes..."

In his defense, he was pretty loaded at the time.

sore's on my genitals,
i'm a loser baby, so why dont ya kill me...Beck -Loser

for all i know, thats what he really says...anyone know the real line?

My Dad thought it was "I'm a lizard baby"

Secret Asian Man!

Edit--Apparently, it was George Takei this whole time. Who knew?

Elton John's Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting

the line is: "don't give us none of your aggravation, we've had it with your DISCIPLINE

i heard the singer in a cover band sing "had it with your guitar playing"

:drunk:

Lets not forget the classic Manfred Manns Earth Band lyrics " wrapped up like a ******"...I mean "revved up like a deuce".

For the longest time, i couldn't understand the opening line of Brown Sugar

"Gold Coast slave ship bound for cotton fields"

Lets not forget the classic Manfred Manns Earth Band lyrics " wrapped up like a ******"...I mean "revved up like a deuce".

It was mentioned on the first page. It really does sound like ******.
Crazy.

At the end of In My Time of Dying by Led Zeppelin, my brother was asking what Plant was repeating at the end.

Him: "Is it something about cheeses? I can't figure it out."

Me: "It's 'Oh my Jesus', you know because he's dying."

Those classic Manfred Manns Earth Band lyrics were actually written by Bruce Springsteen, hence the car reference.

craigger64 said:
Those classic Manfred Manns Earth Band lyrics were actually written by Bruce Springsteen, hence the car reference.

Yep, but Springsteen's lyrics were "cut loose like a deuce".

For those of you who spent any time in California in the 1970's or 80's, you're likely familiar with Cal Worthington ("And his dog, Spot!") Cal sold used cars & had the gimmicks of doing unusual stunts & appearing with various animals & calling them "his dog, Spot." But they were never dogs. The Cal Worthington commercial jingle is likely 1 of THE most misquoted songs of all time. The lyrics of the refrain go: "Go see Cal, go see Cal, go see Cal..." but thousands of people thought & still think today, that the refrain said "***** cow, ***** cow, ***** cow." Have a listen & decide for yourself:

This has been referenced a few times, but here's the you tube link.

Yellow Ledbetter.

For those of you who spent any time in California in the 1970's or 80's, you're likely familiar with Cal Worthington ("And his dog, Spot!") Cal sold used cars & had the gimmicks of doing unusual stunts & appearing with various animals & calling them "his dog, Spot." But they were never dogs. The Cal Worthington commercial jingle is likely 1 of THE most misquoted songs of all time. The lyrics of the refrain go: "Go see Cal, go see Cal, go see Cal..." but thousands of people thought & still think today, that the refrain said "***** cow, ***** cow, ***** cow." Have a listen & decide for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOsLdT4slsk

I was stationed at Yuma Proving Ground in Arizona and one of the TV stations we got was KTLA. Not only did they air the Cal Worthington ads but on Saturday nights they had Movie Macabre with Elvira. Great memories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOsLdT4slsk

I live about half a mile from Worthington Ford. The commercials are still on but not with animals as often. "open till midnight!"

The Bee Gees "More than a woman."

I thought they said "bald headed woman"

Could never understand how they thought that was attractive.

Her, not to mention Belladonna (sweet onion chutney) or this woman who used to live in my neighborhood...

Someone I know thought "Rock me Amadeus" was "Rock me mashed potatoes."

Also, there's some new annoying song called "This Girl is On Fire" which sounds just like "This Squirrel is on Fire."

My favorite misheard Grateful Dead lyric (from "Sugar Magnolia"):

Shes got everything delightful, she's got everything I need,
Takes the wheel when I'm seeing double, bakes my chicken when I sleep

Also, when I first turned my college roommate on to The Band, he thought for the longest time that "Shape I'm In" was "Shave My Head." I still sing it that way sometimes.

Whitesnake, Here I go again.

Years ago my buddy is at the bar screaming "like a twister I was born to walk alone. Unfortunately for him its "like a drifter I was born to walk alone." Needless to say he still gets made fun of for this blunder lol.

I remember one night when a very over-served woman kept insisting there was a Dylan song called "Tangled up in Glue".

I'm glad I'm not the only one singing about a one winged dove and Elton John's desire to get a hug from Tony Danza (which in context is not really that far fetched for old Elton if you ask me).

Back