Minimum to transition to electric for my brew kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulshe

Reaction score
Thru some extreme brain fart I forgot that I have 220v outlet available within 10 feet or so of where I brew. Ultimately I'll move to electric with a full blown control box and/or probably a whole BIAB setup like Colorado or Brew-Boss. Shorter term, I'd like to go electric on my existing kettle. I don't need any automation at this time.

So, what is the easiest way to just make my kettle electric. It seems like need:
- element
- GFCI protection
- wiring all that together

I'm no electric expert but I've done at least some simple work on my house and it and myself are still standing. I'd like to do this the simplest way and I'm ok buying a small turnkey solution or do it DIY.

Easiest way probably is a hotpod from brewhardware with a still dragon kit.

What are your power requirements for what you'd like to do (short and long term)? What amperage 240 power is available in that location, 20/30/40/50A? I don't electric brew (unless you count my stove...), but I am a licensed electrician. Cheers, Petey

Back