Mini fridge for 5 gallon carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anico4704

Reaction score
I have been searching forever and no one seems to have a definite answer. Is there any mini fridges out right now that fit a 5 gallon carboy and airlock?

I can't answer your question, but if you get a waterless silicone vented stopper, it saves you several inches of height. Really helps in situations like this. Plus, no suckback and you can autoclave them.

Why not head to your local appliance / box store and measure them?

I use a ge 4.3 cubic ft mini fridge for my 5 gallon carboy. I had to cut the plastic moulding off the door, but it fits perfectly with no other modifications.

Bassaholic said:
I use a ge 4.3 cubic ft mini fridge for my 5 gallon carboy. I had to cut the plastic moulding off the door, but it fits perfectly with no other modifications.

Does it have the freezer in it? What did you do with that?

It does have a freezer, but it wasn't an issue, I just removed the shelf directly underneath the freezer. It was a tight squeeze with a regular stopper and an s shaped airlock, but I just use a blowoff tube into a quart of starsan. I'm going to see if I can fit a 6 gallon carboy I as soon as I can afford one.

Back