Mini brewery lab air filtration

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

balkan_brewer

Reaction score
I am in the process of building a brewery and I intend to turn one room into a small lab where I would store and culture yeast. Among other, I need to ensure that the air in the room is clean, bacteria-free, etc. Therefore, I need to install an air cleaner or filtration unit.
What do you think of this device?
http://www.tristar.eu/en/LF-4730/3/3878

Has anyone here tried to build a lab for within their brewery? All kinds of advice would help, especially in terms of ventilation and heating/cooling in the room.

Most biological labs use sterile hoods and not whole sterile rooms. You typically do not get into sterile rooms until you start working with the really nasty organisms (think Ebola).

My guess that most yeast culture and breweries use hoods (if that). You could probably rig one up with a good fan and some sort of HEPA filter.

OTOH, you'd be surprised how effective you can be maintaining a good level of sterility working under and alcohol lab and a nice clean room free of drafts.

Latest posts

Back