Mill Creek WA checking in

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balog

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am an utter newb to brewing, I've done one batch so far. It was an all extract batch from a Cooper's starter kit my wonderful wife gave me. I put the first one in the fridge tonight so I'll try it tomorrow and see if it's drinkable.

I've been slowly building my brewing gear, currently I have a couple buckets with spigots as well as a pair of plastic carboys. I have maybe a hundred and change bombers, as well as a couple cases of the brown plastic bottles from the Cooper's kits. I just got a bench capper and some nice modular drying racks as a birthday gift which I'm pretty excited about. All that I really feel like I'm lacking is a pot large enough to do a full wort boil instead of boiling a couple gallons then topping off. I'm watching Craig's list everyday for a cheap one though so hopefully soon.

I have pretty wide ranging tastes in beer, although lagers and pale ales tend to be a lower preference. After I knock out another couple batches out and get my process and equipment down I want to try my hand at a Belgian. Chimay (the blue label one) is simply my favorite beer but at $14/bottle locally it's a very rare treat.

I live just outside of Mill Creek, a suburb north of Seattle. I'm happily married to an amazing woman, and have two beautiful daughters. We also have a 115ish lb blue merle Great Dane / German Shepherd mix that's as pretty as she is stupid. :) We recently bought a small business, and this summer we plan to do some repairs and mild remodeling to the house as well as getting some raised bed gardens going and raising ducks for the eggs.

Welcome from Ballard! I am very new as well....just fermenting my first batch. This site is awesome!

Welcome from Bothell (and also cap hill)! I hope the first batch turns out well.

Hiyas from across the Salish Sea. I just moved to Kingston from Juanita/Kirkland last fall, Just before that nice new LHBS in Kenmore opened. Good luck with the biz and the brew!

d

Welcome from Kenmore. BTW the new LHBS in Kenmore is great....MicroHomeBrew. Nice clean shop, good prices, great staff.

welcome, I also started with a coopers kit my wife got me for Christmas. I've done a number of batches since then.

I'll have to check that place out in Kenmore. That's right down the street from me. No more driving to Everett if they have decent prices.

I admit to being very new to this, but is there ever any thought to doing a 'Brewers Club' or something similar? Seems as though it could be a decent idea...I know I would be interested in a Seattle area Noob club.

Speaking of brewing a Belgian I have a tripel fermenting right now! 5th day first tripel and one of my favorite styles as well. Welcome to the forum.:mug:

Thanks everyone! I'll definitely have to check that homebrew shop out.

Welcome from Woodinville.

Homebrew Heaven in south Everett isn't too far from you if you haven't checked them out yet.

Latest posts

Back